Radio auto on/off

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

My QQ radio continues to have a mind of its own. Five outings this week and it only came on twice within seconds of each event and on only one day out of four. I have booked it in at the Main Dealer. The Service person I spoke to said it might just need a 'software update'. Probably a standard answer I would think.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.

Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Main Dealer was supposed to pick the car up yesterday from my home and take it in to do a software update. I received several emails from them and messages confirming the pick up, and no one turned up. No follow up email or phone call has been received from them. Can't believe that a Main Dealership could conduct business in this way.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
PeterPerfect13

Post by PeterPerfect13 »

Arry wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:19 pm Hi bit late to the party but just had the same problem
Whilst in car and radio on press the power button and keep it held until you see the Nissan emblem , must reset the unit . Now all ok again radio goes off when stopped and door opened .
I had the same issue and this worked for me. Thank you.
2017 Magnetic Red 1.2 CVT Tekna
PeterPerfect13

Post by PeterPerfect13 »

Further to the intermittent problem of radio/dash not powering off when the driver's door is opened - this happened to me. I discovered that the power off function is controlled by a simple micro switch (with a soft rubber cover) located on the central door pillar. I cleaned this up and hey presto no further issue.
2017 Magnetic Red 1.2 CVT Tekna