Radio auto on/off

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Radio auto on/off

Post by Geordieman » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:37 am

calnorth I've turned off after it happened yesterday 'auto turn up volume with vehicle speed' so will see if that fixes it.
Previous car was a 2017 N Connect 1.2 CVT, Silver, Pan Roof, Heated front screen
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Bonnet struts, chrome domed wheel nut covers.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Radio auto on/off

Post by calnorth » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:18 am

Geordieman wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:37 am
calnorth I've turned off after it happened yesterday 'auto turn up volume with vehicle speed' so will see if that fixes it.
Not expecting it to really.
Importantly the ON/OFF switch is a press button (contactor thing) which means in your case that its being skirted. Thats one method of powering the headunit and I would expect to be the master control. I see a number of power inputs or triggers to the headunit from the ignition switch + battery...about 4. One of them I think is ACC which provides power when the engine is OFF. There are many others including IPDM and ECU....which complicate things and possibly not relevant?

I only have a diagnostic block schematic for the AV system...so headunit internals are anybody's guess.

If the Power button is OFF and the unit suddenly self switches ON I'd have to say the headunit is faulty. For me it would be a case of seeing what was physically wrong with that switch. Its a bit fishy...power and volume on the same physical control.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta