Rain X

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

[quote="jukester46"] Never had a problem. Applied to clean, dry and cool glass using a small sponge applicator left for 10 mins and polished off using a glass cloth. Repeat application and its lasted all winter on my Juke. And what alot of rain we had! Meths is good to clean windscreen before application plus it smells nice![/QUOTE]

Own up jukester, you were drinking the meths on the quiet
I mainly want to use it for the panoramic roof to help keep it clean and clear, thanks for all the advice guys
Really?

TC3

Post by TC3 »

If you just want to use for the glass roof you may as well try the stuff in the pound shops as it is not bad
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

korky

Post by korky »

I quite like Rain X and have used it many times. Did use on sisters Panoramic Roof but seemed to wear off quicker. I'm guessing that is because I struggled and didn't do as good a job as I would with the windscreen
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

It always surprises me that people say it doesn't work.It works fine if the preperation work is good.If you don't prep the area properly i agree it isn't very good, as i've found out myself.
Nissan no more...
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="AlleyCat"]It always surprises me that people say it doesn't work.It works fine if the preperation work is good.If you don't prep the area properly i agree it isn't very good, as i've found out myself.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree I have used for years with great results and highly recommend it. As mentioned take some time to make sure your glass is thoroughly cleaned and you will have no problems
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Its for glass so naturally has the waterproof and form into water bobbles and blow off as statedDownside anything you add to glass can become smeary if it sticks to glass to do the job and streaky elsewhere I spoke to the guys who built our conservatory years ago after all if theres something that makes life easy they would bottle it n sell it But maybe im not applying it right The pound shop has some great stuff, the micro cleaning cloths etc are as good as stuff on Ebay and they recently had a load of Astonish wax n cleaning stuff that used to be sold on TV for a lot