Sat nav screen visibilty

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
bozzyloz

Post by bozzyloz »

This may be a very stupid question. I have just driven all the way round north Devon on minor roads in the sun ( yesterday) and have been unable to see anything at all on the screen. Clearly I can see in front of me on the mini screen whether to turn right left and when, but I have not had a car with such poor general visibility for all functions- phone et al. Have others overcome this with a screen filter or something or is there something I dont know?
1.2 DIG-T petrol pearl black Teckna xtronic

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Nothing you dont know. The problem is exacerbated by the panoramic roof on the Tekna. All that lovely light getting in obliterates the Connect screen. Learn to rely on the voice prompts.
paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

Are there brightness and contrast settings for the screen ?
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

yes there is an adjustment for the sat/nav. one of the volume buttons I think it is.
Simmo
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

try night mode as well - sometimes the inverted colour helps.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Press the day/night button on the Connect unit, the screen dims, quickly press day/night button again and screen returns to auto brightness, immediately turn the outer ring on the enter button clockwise untill the green brightness setting bar is as far to the right as it will go, then leave alone and the green bar will go off. The brightness is now set at its maximum.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

gvmdaddy wrote:Nothing you dont know. The problem is exacerbated by the panoramic roof on the Tekna. All that lovely light getting in obliterates the Connect screen. Learn to rely on the voice prompts.
It's the same in our new Pulsar and that does not have a panoramic roof.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
bozzyloz

Post by bozzyloz »

Thanks everyone . I have tried your suggestion gvmdaddy re brightness and that is an improvement, but the best improvement was clearly to close the roof. I have never ever done this and so used to the panoramic roof I had completely forgotten that the sun pelts in overhead. How daft is that!
1.2 DIG-T petrol pearl black Teckna xtronic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, you sound like my wife I got exactly the same comment yesterday, do not really on the screen listen to the directions. Then bozzyloz I shut the Roof ! - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
helcat
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by helcat »

ive just bought the n motion even with the sun roof closed the satnav screen is very dull even on maxy brightnes
this is posably a fault with this model ???