Possible New Owner

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Have to say the Kia's do look good...this is a very competitive market.I only went QQ because of the lease deal I got..better than the other comparative cars....which does make me think the lease companies believe the residuals will be high, at least in 3 years time when the lease ends anyway.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Kia looks very nice but there are a huge number on the road around where i live which instantly put me off.Having said that i suspect the same will be true of the QQ in a couple of years time as well, we shall see.I've seen 2 x 63 plates (both ink blue) and 2 x 2014 plates (both white).My colleague has a sportage and whilst we both agree it's a lovely car the local dealer isn't the best.My reading on the seven year warranty is really it's a 5+2, and isn't that much better than what you get with the hyundai.I will admit i am surprised that Nissan hasn't upped theirs to a 5 by now but if it isn't impacting sales i imagine they'll not be that bothered.Having said that the Kia is still a nice car.
AlleyCat2014-04-02 09:15:02
Nissan no more...
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

We looked at kia's, but the cars we were interested in had 3 trim levels, leather heated seats in the top, automatic in the middle, couldn't see a way to get both together!
tekna cvt mag red
jsajeba

Post by jsajeba »

Geoffb congratulations on the order of the new car and all the best for when it arrives. I
have seen the Kia but for me it wasn't attractive as the new QQ and
also for all that money when going to full extras you do not have much
compared to the QQ even the dashboard is bare (at least the one showed
by the salesman). The QQ Tekna also costs less.Kia's most advantage point is the 7 yr warranty but most important that you like what you have chosen and wish u all the best
GeoffB

Post by GeoffB »

Have you seen the 2014 Sportage? They have made subtle but significant changes. For instance the trim level 2 which I am getting has now a panoramic sunroof and they have rounded off some of the "corners".It still looks very similar to the old Sportage but different, if you see what I mean.The new QQ is a very smart looking car and as I have said the 1.2 engine is remarkable.As a side question does anyone know why, and what the point is, of the two level boot floor. Surely it can't just be so that the shopping doesn't roll around in the boot. Believe it or not that is what the salesman told me was one of the reasons why Nissan did it that way.
QQMart46

Post by QQMart46 »

It is so you have somewhere to store the parcel self and to give more flexibility for storage.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

2 level boot has loads of reasonsIt makes partition stop stuff moving around, a clever after market company will make drawers i reckon or even a tray to put things in but if you buy a full sized spare wheeel you can go way up in size slot it in thereAlso makes the floor flat when seats folded downI looked at new KiaIts trying hard you can clearly see it wants to be a QQ but when you look at the prices the specs do not match the QQResidules again at the moment theres a waiting list even a premium with the QQ this will automaticly have a knock on in 3 years simply as there wont be that many available for sale and theres a serious fuel diffrence between the 2 cars
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I personally like the split floor. And the fact you can store the parcel self underneath it and still have a flat boot is great.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I reckon you could remove that boot floor MDF a thin piece same shape and drop a container in there, same as the servery foods imagine all your nick naks no in one placeMaybe go silly and make a cold unit as you have a power point in rear keep your picnic coolThe boor I think is a plus point of the car