Possible New Owner

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
GeoffB

Post by GeoffB »

Hi,I am in the process of changing my 11 plate Mitsubishi ASX 3 1.6 petrol car. One of the cars I am looking at is the new 2014 1.2 Accenta Quashqai.I know they are only new but does anyone have any views/reviews of the car with this engine.Also, what sort of deals are out there at the moment?Thanks

TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="GeoffB"]Hi,I am in the process of changing my 11 plate Mitsubishi ASX 3 1.6 petrol car. One of the cars I am looking at is the new 2014 1.2 Accenta Quashqai.I know they are only new but does anyone have any views/reviews of the car with this engine.Also, what sort of deals are out there at the moment?Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hi there cant help you with the engine you want as only tried the diesels. I got a 14.5% discount off list price for the QQ I have ordered. I went onto carwow.co.uk and entered details of the cars i was looking at, you select the trim and colour etc. They then send the details to Nissan dealers who are signed up with them. You will get various offers from Nissan dealers from all over the place. The best offer I got was from Bristol Street Motors, a Nissan dealer in Sheffield. I was prepared to go up there to get the car even if it is 115 miles from me as the saving was very good. However I emailed a local dealer who agreed to price match and throw in some velour carpets too. Even got a very good price on my part exchange. Give it a go as you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain :)
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I'm with Tony..love the car but not tried that engine....I think everyone has different needs so a test drive sounds a must.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
korky

Post by korky »

Have tried the engine on test drive. Very quiet and very refined for City driving. My only gripe with it was power when accelerating for dual carriageway / motorway where it feels like you really have to work the car hard and that it feels like it's running out of puff.

So dependant on your journeys etc a good city engine but not necessarily what you want if you have national speeds to do
GeoffB

Post by GeoffB »

Carwow is a MUST if you are looking to buy a new car.I had never heard of the site until yesterday. I visited a reasonably local Nissan dealer, Chorley Nissan, as I was in the area and received a poor "cost to change". But the sales guy also mentioned Carwow.I put the details in and here are the responses. (The prices are for a QQ 1.2 Acenta in metallic.)

Price
Discount

Chorley Nissan
£17,948
£1,722

JT Hughes Nissan, Oswestry
£17,948
£1,722

Bristol Street Nissan,
Sheffield
£18,144
£1,526

Dalgleish Nissan, Galashiels
£18,536
£1,134

Wessex Nissan, Bristol
£18,340
£1,330
So if I go for a QQ these are the sort of discounts I am looking at. So with the discounted price and a small tweek to the p/x price the QQ would be in my price range. Whereas before Carwow it really wasn't looking good.
GeoffB

Post by GeoffB »

A quick update.Just driven the 1.2 QQ and VERY surprised at how smooth it felt. I test drove it from Chorley Nissan.The car overall is so much quieter than the old model, the engine wants to rev, it pulls OK even in 6th gear on the motorway. In short it was much better than I expected.Now the negatives. What is the point of the stupid two level boot floor. When flat the boot space is minuscule and the rear legroom is poor. I don't know if it was the same with the old model but I was surprised at this.After the test drive I spoke to one of the Salesmen and outlined my Carwow prices and other "Cost to Change" offers I had received and he was pretty positive that he could get to, or very close to, the figure I had in mind.So if anyone is looking for a new QQ I would get a Carwow price, you will get a price from Chorley Nissan, and then contact them as they seem very willing to get a deal done.Lastly, not sure if the QQ is the one for me but it is in the running.
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Well done Geoff, I am well happy with the £2308 discount I got as a result of using carwow to price match for a 1.5 AP. The great thing is you can try do the same for any manufacturer. If you decide against a QQ good luck with whatever you choose
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

GeoffB

Post by GeoffB »

Well the deal is done and I'm afraid it's not for a QQ.I have on order a 1.6 Petrol Sportage 2.It was a close run thing but the deciding points where:Boot in the QQ with the floor flat is too small for mePoor rear legroomKia's 7 year warrantyStronger residuals than the QQ because of the 7 year warranty.So thank you to all those who replied to my post. I really appreciate the information and advice given.Maybe next time it will be a QQ.PS. The 1.2 engine in the QQ is VERY good though.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

lol some well thought out points Geoffthe 7 year warranty is a good thing and to be fair Kia come so far in such a short timeIm not sure on residuals as it goes, simply in 3 years time because there will be a shortage of used QQ simply with delay of making them id say the QQ will win the residules for a bit but the gap may close who knowsYou sticking around the forum or off to the Kia one?Either way enjoy the car mate there only new for a short time lol
GeoffB

Post by GeoffB »

Donkey,I will stick around for a little while just out of interest. But once the car arrives I will ride off into the sunset.But once again, thank you all for your input and advice.