new CVT have you driven it?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Has anyone experienced the new CVT box yet? My dealer informed me the only way i will get a test drive in one is if the dealer buys the car, i am sure there was a bit of BS in the air anyway if you have drove it what was it like,? I have been scanning the reviews and there is a mix of don't touch it with a barge poll to some that say its the Dog Bs. So if you have an opinion please let me know. Dog or barge?
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th

Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Whatever it is Cliff, its too late for me as mine is ordered and I guess youre the same. One of the negative points about buying a new model car when its first launched is that you have to trust the manufacturer as the CVT is not yet available to test. Also you are limited to buying what has been released, eg if you need/want a CVT like I do as Im a Motability customer, then Ive got to have a 1.6dci.
Ive been told by the salesman who has driven one, that the new Xtronic is a huge improvement on the old Auto so Im just going to have to wait and see. Ive also been promised that there will be one to test drive in the next week or so when they are launched but Im not holding my breath.

Marianda242014-02-05 18:54:32
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Yep i ordered mine today Mirianda, I am also on the motability scheme, i don't have a lot of choice i need the auto gearbox so i can get out and about again, (a ward of advice its not health to hold you breath), please let me know how good or bad it was. i have just booked a trip to France in July to give it a good run in, last time i ended up just North of Valencia, but that as they say is another story. fingers crossed for the test drive
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

If I get to drive one before you Cliff I will definitely let you know my opinion.
I had my test drive in a 1.2 Petrol manual and fell madly in love with it (except I found using the clutch very painful). We went back to the dealership the following day and ordered the 1.6dci Acenta Premium CVT in Ink Blue. We were invited to test the 1.6 but I declined because, again it was the manual. My hubby did drive it though and was more than pleased with its performance (and he drives a 2.0 Insignia and 44 ton truck lol) so hopefully we will be happy with our choice.
The Nightshade colour was my 2nd choice by the way. Have you ordered the Tekna like everyone else seems to have or did you go for one of the other specs?
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Yes Marianda 1.6 Tekna i test drove 1.6 dci Acenta Premium manual was very impressed with the handling, smoothness and the quality of the interior, my problem was changing the gears, due to a tumor that has left my shoulder and arm progressively getting weaker, i informed Motability and they kindly shortened my contract by four months, allowing me to order the cvt Tekna.
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

What a coincidence Cliff as they shortened my contact by 15 months as Im really having problems getting in and out of my current vehicle. I had a Qashqai Accenta on Motability before my Astra and I loved it but when I come to change I needed an auto and couldnt get the Qashie auto on the scheme.
I didnt go for the Tekna this time as I really dont like Leather seats - daft eh? Im more than happy with the Acenta Premium though, better spec than my old one QQ and that dashboard is beautiful.
Just got my fingers crossed that things dont change when the DLA ends and PIP comes in in Oct 2015Marianda242014-02-05 23:03:43
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Yes i have my fingers crossed about the PIP nonsense. I ordered the 1.6 dci cvt Tekna. and was informed its going to be about six months before I get mine, so not a very happy bunny. I am starting to think I should have just put up with the pain and left the Motability to run up to June. i would have got my £250. The problem is I totally agree Marianda the new qq is beautiful inside and out it's faultless to drive.
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Oh Cliff thats a pain. So why are you having to wait 6 months? Is it because the one youve ordered wont be delivered until then or is it the Motability wont let you have it until then?
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

it's only about 5 months, the one i ordered wont arrive until June, i have just received a reply on facebook from i assume a Nissan adviser/boss/worker who as told me dealers always give the worst-case scenario, they start to build the CVT middle of this month so fingers crossed it may arrive a little earlier.