CHanged tyre and no Pressure reading

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Marz
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Marz »

Hi, I had my tyre changed in a garage and I am not getting any pressure reading from that tyre (rear left) but just three dashes - - - I have reset and calibrated the tyre pressure twice but did not solve the problem. I drove 2 km at about 40km/h and I expected the reading to come in but still - - -

I have 2 questions: 1- should the tyre be specific for having the pressure read or any tire will do? 2-Has the tyre to be assembled in a specific special way for the Pressure to work? The garage was about to close and I thought he did the job very quickly. There are no warning signs.

My Qashqai is 2016 model (tekna ).
Worried!

andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

the sensor may have been damaged when the replaced the tyre, you can put any make of tyre on car as long as the size is correct. the pressure reading will show up once the car is moveing.
Marz

Post by Marz »

OMG :-( Is the sensor part of the rim? Could he had remove the sensor while changing the tyre? He took the rim inside while waiting and he came back with the new one. The sensor was reading good before I changed the tyre. Now I drove 50km or so various speeds still --- This country is full of shit now!
QashqaiKev
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QashqaiKev »

Marz wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:33 am OMG :-( Is the sensor part of the rim? Could he had remove the sensor while changing the tyre? He took the rim inside while waiting and he came back with the new one. The sensor was reading good before I changed the tyre. Now I drove 50km or so various speeds still --- This country is full of shit now!
It's a small device that sits on the inside of the rim, connected to the back of the valve. They can be damaged when removing and changing the tire. Another thing that many people aren't aware of is that they each have a small non-replaceable battery in them, meaning each sensor has to be periodically replaced (usually after 5 years or so).
Marz

Post by Marz »

Hi, I am back to writing that the issue was solved. Sorry for taking so long.

In my report, I forgot to include one relevant detail, although still there is some mystery behind it. I actually had punctures in two tyres, the front and rear of the left side. I had changed the back tyre with a new one but not the front one because the garage had only one tyre left, so the front wheel was mounted with the spare tyre. Now the thing is that the car was indicating no reading on the rear one (the new one) while there was a reading for the spare. When I changed the second (front) tyre the reported error went and had readings on all four tyres.

I have no idea why the reading of the spare tyre was given but the new one did not. !!!