My J12 Tekna+ drives like in my dreams

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Today was -finally- the day that I too was able to collect my new J12 Qashqai Tekna+ magnetic blue.

Since I never drove a Qashqai before (not even driving along in one) it was quite a
surprise.
Never really even requested a test-drive before choosing the QQ because
sometimes in life one must rely on a hunch and make that ... leap of faith.
Until now I like it very much !
A new car is, of course, always getting used to but it all feels so familiar already, the steering, the dashboard, the infotainment ... logical, even reassuring although it should in fact all be new to me.
Just one bit of advice to new buyers : one reason why I felt at home right away is most probably because, in anticipation, I already learned so much about my J12 QQ here, with the (Andoid/iphone) App as well as the Nissan (PDF ) User's Guide !

Thank you forum-members for everything you taught me.
Still sad though that DaveBerlin is no longer around to share my joy with him too.

Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Great to hear you like your new Tekna+ @QaiFan. Did you get your Android phone working ok?

You should be able to offer help and advice to other new J12 owners in the near future :)
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Sure love my new QQ Sandgrounder.
This evening took some picturess of it.
So glad I went for the Magnetic Blue Tekna+ ... IMHO it still looks *special*, even with countless other nice looking SUVs !
I sure will help people, the same way I got good advice and information from early adopters
(although I pre-ordered my car back in March but there must have been some problem, still don't know ...).
Beste advice if you get yours is to Enable, Agree and/or OK really everything first (or when asked) in the car's Infotainment system, Digital dashboard and on your Phone Android Auto.
Same goes for Bluetooth and Wifi ... sync your phone(s) by enabling and agreeing on just about eveything.
Android Auto worked immediately (although I can't use my AAWireless dongle with my Galaxy S7 as I need to buy a newer -Android OS version- phone for Wireless Android Auto to work).
What surprised me tough is that incredibly nice looking TomTom Navigation system and then especially the seamless integration of it in the digital dash and the big fabulous HUD !
So unfortunate that compared to "Waze" a lot of valuable traffic info (realtime driver's feedback) is missing, even with all TomTom Traffic options enabled.
But the nice presentation/integration of the TomTom system in the J12 QQ makes up for it.
About the performance : I, personally, am surprised a 1.332 CC engine can power this heavy car wiyhout any problem.
Because I saw a YouTube vid from a test-drive that claimed that the QQ J12 'had no engine' I feared for the worst.
But IMHO that guy was plain wrong (or he is used to drive Ferraris or Teslas).
The 6 MT clutch is far better than I expected as well (after reading/viewing negative test reviews about it) ... so no need to worry at all.

20220115_173024.jpg

20220115_172953.jpg

Steve101
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Steve101 »

Looks great 😊
Tekna J12, magnetic blue, black roof.
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

Glad you got your car. Enjoy it!
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
ken1970

Post by ken1970 »

Looks great. Does the sat nav system warn of speed camera?also how powerful is the bose system?cheers
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

ken1970 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:14 am Looks great. Does the sat nav system warn of speed camera?
Yes it does if you configure it to do so
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Hi ken1970,
The TomTom Navigation system does warn about speed cams, but this depends on the country you live in (forbidden in France I think).
AFAIK there are no trajectory speed control warnings though, which is why I prefer to use Waze for longer trips (on roads I am not familiar with).
My Bose system, according to my son, sounds great (I have no expertise in those matters).
He claims this 10-speaker system does make a (positive) difference ... compared to the one in his car.
I did see a youtube video where the reviewer claims it to be good, but not the very best ... so not sure.
Anyway, the sound system's (navigation) voices are very clear for sure (which is of most importance to me).
ken1970

Post by ken1970 »

Much appreciated.cheers
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Some more observations ...
Android Auto : Spotify as well as YouTube music (call "YT Music") Apps both show, album cover art even in full color, in the Infotainment as wel as the digital dashboard and, to my surprise, the track info (when changing tracks) also in the HUD !
Can't seem to get dual-pane (dual-window if you like, feature/option of the newest AA versions) support in Android Auto which is supposedly reserved for (true) WideScreen infotainment systems.
Navigation Apps NOT so AFAIK ... tried, but no luck. Cant display any AA Navigation information in the QQ digital dash or HUD.
OTOH most other non-Nissan cars won't show the Android nav apps in the digital dash either.
Some do, but I guess these support "MirrorLink" in the head unit ... a technology not (yet?) supported by Nissan.
My guess is that the same applies to Apple Carplay, but not 100% sure of that.
Anyway, we do have mre than enough nice options from which to chose !