Parking Sensors silent

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Potassium
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Potassium »

Hi everyone, new here and had a QQ for 4 weeks.

I have 3 questions as a newbie please? I have searched but not seen definitive answers

#1 - I have a 2018 facelift with surround cameras and parking sensors. Cameras work fine but I have never heard the parking sensors beep. can see a colour display on the instrument console telling me I’m close to an object but no sound so rely on cameras and colours. I do hear a beep IF something walks in view of the cameras but thats a single longer beep. No amount of searching helped me here. (sorry will add there is also no option for this in the menu as i have seen in the manual)

#2 - Is there any way to get the doors to lock automatically - my search says no but asking just in case someone has found something.

#3 - the park assist is not very good - it has trouble detecting kerbs for me so have to stop to auto-reversing as it has to then be done manually - is this as expected as never had this issue on my previous BMW one. again not seen this as a topic.

Cheers

Kamal

lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

Potassium wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:58 pm #1 - I have a 2018 facelift with surround cameras and parking sensors. Cameras work fine but I have never heard the parking sensors beep. can see a colour display on the instrument console telling me I’m close to an object but no sound so rely on cameras and colours. I do hear a beep IF something walks in view of the cameras but thats a single longer beep. No amount of searching helped me here. (sorry will add there is also no option for this in the menu as i have seen in the manual)
Did you disabled (accidentally) the parking sensor button on the lower part of the dashboard (just above the fuel and bonnet levers)?
Potassium wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:58 pm #2 - Is there any way to get the doors to lock automatically - my search says no but asking just in case someone has found something.
Only with an aftermarket module. Due to new European legislation I think. Search on AliExpress
Potassium wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:58 pm #3 - the park assist is not very good - it has trouble detecting kerbs for me so have to stop to auto-reversing as it has to then be done manually - is this as expected as never had this issue on my previous BMW one. again not seen this as a topic.
The PA is more a gadget imho. You are quicker parked manually.
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS