New Nissan Qashqai 2021 has fault from new

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Is it worrying you?

It honestly sounds like an adjustment required rather than anything more serious.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

"It honestly sounds like an adjustment required rather than anything more serious."
I hope you are right, however ... I guess that dealership would have done so if they could, so they may have received notice from Nissan Sunderland that this was truely a design/technical issue of some sort ! ?
garzooz

Post by garzooz »

It didn't worry me until this video, seems ominous he was offered a new car as a solution. For me, as long as it has no impact on resale value of car or any other long term side effect - I can wait until they find a way to adjust/align.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

"seems ominous he was offered a new car as a solution"
That is someting I do not understand at all !
A completely *new* car ? This guy already paid for that car in full (I guess) so why can't the dealership not correct this 'fault' (???) by simply replacing the back door or more entirely ... but a *new* car can exhibit yet more issues (he did not seem to have with this one).
I don't think I would even accept a new one, but rather request all my money back !
garzooz

Post by garzooz »

I can't recall a single car I have experienced that doesn't require the back door to be closed with a bit of force. I'd like to think this is easily fixed and this guy got a new car simply because he is a popular youtuber. Time will tell...
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Garzooz, Perhaps “James Bond” helped him and a “YouTuber” also. Let’s wait and see if this really is an original Nissan Build Defect - Dave 🥴

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ynysygwas

Post by ynysygwas »

My 2015 QQ still does this sometimes, though not very often now. I assumed it was just my not closing the tailgate firmly enough. Like driving from the supermarket with a fully (over)loaded boot and the tailgate warning light comes on after a 100 yards causing a quick stop to get out and slam the tailgate down! Not sure this would be enough for me to reject the car and wait even more months for my new one. Already gone way past 3 months!
A Tekna, because I admit I need all the help I can get.
FlyingTiger

Post by FlyingTiger »

ynysygwas wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:59 pm My 2015 QQ still does this sometimes, though not very often now. I assumed it was just my not closing the tailgate firmly enough. Like driving from the supermarket with a fully (over)loaded boot and the tailgate warning light comes on after a 100 yards causing a quick stop to get out and slam the tailgate down! Not sure this would be enough for me to reject the car and wait even more months for my new one. Already gone way past 3 months!
As does my 65 plate N-connector. Not every time but an open re-close all is well. I don't recall it happening when it was new?
72 plate, N-Connector e-Power, Burgundy