67 plate. Lights come on on their own & drain battery

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
NigelS
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by NigelS »

Hi, new to the forum & this is my first post. We have a 2017 teckna it was all fine till 7 months ago when we’d randomly have a flat battery , lots of clicking & flashing dash lights.
I’ve charged it & it was fine till it randomly happened again. It’s been 4 times now & after a full long charge on Monday my other half parked up around 18.30.
I came home an hour later & all was normal. I left for work at 04.00 & was astonished to see the DLR’s , tail lights & all interior dash lights lit up. No one has touched it since it was parked. The lights were set to off so has anyone had any experience of this ? Oh & the battery was flat when she went to start it for work this morning.
I’ve had suspicions about the quality of the battery for a while as stop/start rarely kicks in now but the lights thing is new or perhaps this is the first time I’ve actually found them on after parking which would explain the battery flattening.
Time to get shot of it perhaps as with all this tech it’s not going to be good or cheap when it starts to fail.

Cheers
Nigel

phil_89

Post by phil_89 »

Common issue on the Qashqai - look to replace the battery with a Varta (I had the same issue on the FIAM standard battery) - search the forums for more info
NigelS

Post by NigelS »

phil_89 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:13 am Common issue on the Qashqai - look to replace the battery with a Varta (I had the same issue on the FIAM standard battery) - search the forums for more info
Yes I reckon the FIAM battery is the main issue. I did contact the dealer who supplied the vehicle who said there’d been no problems but they were happy to sell me a new quite expensive battery.

So you think the lights coming on on their own is battery related too? I was worried about buying a new battery to have it ruined …