screen washer jets. ONE WAY Value needed

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
kennycapes
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:09 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by kennycapes » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:18 am

Took my car in for a service and the front washers dont work.

The pump is ok, the jets are a little blocked but the garage said they need to replace the "one way value" and new washer jets.

Just wondering what part this might be, im having difficulty locating the part to replace my self.

they want £158 to fix the issue which i can do myself.

I tried the online Nissan shop but couldnt locate the valve part, i can see the washer jets but not the value.

Any thoughts on what this value is and the part number?

Cheers all.

User avatar
gloucester
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:20 am

Welcome to this forum.

Nissan call it a "Check Valve" - check out item 3 at https://zinref.ru/avtomobili/Nissan/004 ... H/1801.htm

washer.JPG

check.JPG

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07

User avatar
gloucester
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:30 am

But don't mend it like this...
Retrocom wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:45 am
Just had exactly the same problem, I took off the windscreen wipers, heat shield and retaining clips along the front of the wiper cowling, then found a small piping splitter/diverter behind it all which I found to be the culprit. There is a small inlet pipe at its base and it T's off at the top for each spray nozzle. I then just got a 3mm drill bit and drilled it straight through the upper pipe from one side to the other drilling out what is probably some kind of spring loaded plunger mechanism, problem solved!, all working really well now

valve.JPG

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07

User avatar
gloucester
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:42 am

Part number might be 28937-JD00A sourced from https://nissan.7zap.com/de/er/qashqai/j ... 535/e/289/
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07

kennycapes
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:09 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by kennycapes » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:50 am

gloucester wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:42 am
Part number might be 28937-JD00A sourced from https://nissan.7zap.com/de/er/qashqai/j ... 535/e/289/
@gloucester, thank you so much for putting so much info onto the forum.

I've taken a look at that website but at the moment i cant see a way of purchasing that part.

I will take a better look after work tonight.

Also i am going to take a look at finding the part and see if i can "clean" it out.

Really appreciate the time and effort for the reply.

Cheers

User avatar
gloucester
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:52 am

You can't purchase from that site and find it for sale in the UK has proved impossible. Test the existing one first though!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07

kennycapes
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:09 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by kennycapes » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:54 am

gloucester wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:30 am
But don't mend it like this...
Retrocom wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:45 am
Just had exactly the same problem, I took off the windscreen wipers, heat shield and retaining clips along the front of the wiper cowling, then found a small piping splitter/diverter behind it all which I found to be the culprit. There is a small inlet pipe at its base and it T's off at the top for each spray nozzle. I then just got a 3mm drill bit and drilled it straight through the upper pipe from one side to the other drilling out what is probably some kind of spring loaded plunger mechanism, problem solved!, all working really well now

valve.JPG
Thanks Gloucester, i wont fix it like this, i will look to "clean out" or replace.

kennycapes
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:09 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by kennycapes » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:02 am

gloucester wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:52 am
You can't purchase from that site and find it for sale in the UK has proved impossible. Test the existing one first though!
i'll try and get it fixed myself, otherwise it looks like i will have to spend £158 for Nissan to fix.

kennycapes
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:09 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by kennycapes » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:16 am

Slightly different question, when i fill the washers up i dont see a "filter" on top of the bottle, so is there a filter that gets the bits from the water out etc before it makes its way to the water jets?

i don't see a filter on the diagram shown earlier in this post.

User avatar
gloucester
Posts: 3771
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:19 am

Good question - I don't know. The Qashqai doesn't have a filling point filter and neither does my Ignis, but both Fabias before the Qashqai did.

That said what you're putting in should be pretty clear assuming you're using a clean jug and funnel.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post