Red engine management light no faults showing

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Hbug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Hbug »

Hi all,

I’m currently having issues with my car and my garage man has literally given up and I’m at a loss what to do..

I have a 2013 where I was on the motorway when my 2 traction lights can on and I lost power, breakdown come out and it was the turbo pipe so they patched it up, regen and said I would be fine to get home (I was outside towing area with my cover and had my 5 month older daughter with me)
Once getting to higher speed 40/50mph I lost power again and the red engine management light come on where I was unable to get any real speed- called breakdown again who towed the car to my brothers nearby

I have had the turbo pipe fixed and no faults on diagnostics and was ready to collect

Once getting to 40/50 mph red engine management light come on with no performance changes.
I took the car back to the garage where diagnostics run and nothing showed- regenerated and light came off

Went to drive car home and the engine management light come on again upon reaching higher speed.
Garage guy said he don’t know what it is as no faults on computer
He said he could only think it would be catalytic converter and would cost me to investigate although on brief inspection it looked ok

Anyone else had this please? I’m so nervous of the car now I may just get rid of it

Thank you for any suggestions and advice
Last edited by Hbug on Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Sorry can't help technically.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)