Anyone got a new Shape 2021 Qashqai

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
chrisyork
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by chrisyork »

Great ... you already got your "Premiere Edition " !
You also wrote :"it is streets ahead of its predecessor in terms of power output and all round driveablity."
You had a J11b model before this J12.
Nice to read the power output, as well as driveability is improved !
But according to most YouTube (magazine) testers the 'power' is far from excellent (not better than J11b at all) ... this does not correspont with your assessment ???
Could you please give us some more details on driving your new car (maybe also compared to your previous J11b) ?
Thank you !
The increase in BHP over j11b is noticeable, but you have to floor the accelerator to achieve it. Once you get used to it it becomes second nature and you just adjust your driving style to suit. Iv`e found that the you tube testers remarks have to be taken with a pinch of salt. This is our third QQ so I think that my view is formed from being a seasoned owner.

Visibility is improved with the moving of the side mirrors from the pillar to the door and a blind spot alert in the form of an amber triangle mounted on the mirror is helpful.

The dash is a bit busy with the amount of information thrown at you but once again most cars suffer from this, just give me speed, temp and fuel and i`d be happy.

Overall i`m more than happy with it, only time will tell if proves to be as reliable as the previous two.

QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Thank you so much chrisyork!
That's a relief.
I fully agree that your assessment is more valuable than that of paid reviewers and of course because of the past qashqai experiences people possess that come to this forum.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

So chrisyork - is the customisation of the digital dash as depressingly minimal as the videos have been suggesting - i.e. just the two variants either with full "instruments" or with them pushed to the sides? No other customisation? Can Android Auto project to the centre?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)