Blower comes on when charging phone

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Yes...other devices first.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

polaru80
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by polaru80 »

Problem solved today, so I thought I would post an update on the findings.
I tried changing other devices with the same charger & cable and had the same issue - this eliminated the device being the cause. I then changed the cable (tried both micro usb and usb c cables) and problem still there - this left me with suspecting the charger. I ordered a new charger on ebay (a cheap £5 one) and guess what, issue is gone. I'm still trying to figure out why this is happening, even if the cause was a faulty charger - there shouldn't be a connection between the 12V power points in the car and the controls for the internal fans.
Anyway, if anyone out there is getting the same issue, the answer is: change the charger. Hope this helps. 😄
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

There are at least 4 interacting modules that control the Blower and related A/C plus Heating control. Including wiring.

Blower Master Relay
Body Control Module
A/C Auto Amplifier
Power Transistor (PT)

The PT module drives the Blower motor itself. It is a MOSFET Controller. Not the resistive type of old. This module is placed on the passenger side of the centre console (AC/Heating unit) at about ankle height. Its proximity is very close to the front 12v power accessory socket

The PT motor is protected by a 20A fuse. However the info for the low level driver components that switch the MOSFETs (power level to the motor) is not available. Whether or not they are influenced by a bad charger in the 12v socket is not clear. As is the behavior of the other 3 main modules above.

Perhaps it isn't current drain. That leaves one other type of influence which is harmonic radiation from the charger and close to a module. I've seen this kind of thing on military equipment.....poor circuit design.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Good to hear you're resolved.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)