Which Qashqai?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

We had a N Connect 1.2 CVT for almost three years from new and I had no complaints with it but was very nervous about the reports of problems with the 1.2 petrol engine and also the CVT problems that had been reported. I found I was checking the oil level more often and it did need topping up which I hadn't had to do on any previous cars for years. I was relieved when I traded it in for a new Tekna DCT Auto and the difference in the engine and gearbox was noticed by both of us the moment I pressed the accelerator down when leaving the dealership. I now realize, as someone else mentioned above, that the 1.2 was underpowered. We got a fabulous deal at the main dealer for trade in and for the new car. It beat the Carwow quote we had from a nearby dealer so we were over the moon. I don't think I would like to go to a lower spec now and maybe the lady who is wanting a QQ might feel the same. I would suggest trying to get her a petrol 1.3 Tekna as there will be loads of bargains and great deals around at the moment. Just talking to a salesperson could be worth her while as they can do some great deals at the moment due to the new model about to come on sale anytime soon.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Qashowner wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:00 pm Don't worry about the diesels, they are being made until 2030 another 9 years and at present comply with Euro 6 which allows them even in the London ULEZ zone.
Bristol is proposing a total diesel ban though.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Last week I said to my brother and sister-in-law "Don't laugh but I'm pondering a facelift" at which point they burst out laughing almost uncontrollably!

So...

Don't laugh - but she could afford a brand new Dacia - Sandero or Sandero Stepway. And they do a bi-fuel version that would mean the pennies would go a LONG way!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

I cant see anywhere getting rid of diesels yet, not enough people have switched yet and can you imagine the uproar of people having to fork out to change there cars because your local council has banned your vehicle, it would be nuts if they did in my eyes.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

lewisbryant wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:06 pm I cant see anywhere getting rid of diesels yet, not enough people have switched yet and can you imagine the uproar of people having to fork out to change there cars because your local council has banned your vehicle, it would be nuts if they did in my eyes.
Its mainly virtue signalling and ripe for 180 deg U turns. There are many places in this world where diesel dependence is high and will be for a long time. Cooler heads need to emerge as regards this subject..... Western Self Harm.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
bobbycfc

Post by bobbycfc »

Thanks for all input so far guys - I am seriously wary about recommending the 1.2 petrol and her budget doesnt stretch to a 1.3 with suitable miles.
I am actually now thinking that she should stay with the company car until retirement rather than buying a Qashqai , having all the costs that go with car ownership and at the end of it, having a car with maybe 80k miles on the clock and 6-7 years old. I reckon if she could put £150 a month away over that 48 months into a car fund then she will have about £7k which is more than her Qashqai would be worth at that stage.
Will keep you updated.
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

I recently traded in a 16 plate Acenta Premium with vision pack - only 33000 miles and I knew the previous owner.
I had no reason to suspect any issues with the engine .
Valued at the dealership at £8500

Probably on the forecourt at £14000

My reason to change was basically
Nav
LED headlamps
Heated windscreen

So I ended up with a 20 plate Tekna with 1850 miles on it for £19500 from a Nissan dealer
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

bobbycfc wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:10 pm Thanks for all input so far guys - I am seriously wary about recommending the 1.2 petrol and her budget doesnt stretch to a 1.3 with suitable miles.
I am actually now thinking that she should stay with the company car until retirement rather than buying a Qashqai , having all the costs that go with car ownership and at the end of it, having a car with maybe 80k miles on the clock and 6-7 years old. I reckon if she could put £150 a month away over that 48 months into a car fund then she will have about £7k which is more than her Qashqai would be worth at that stage.
Will keep you updated.
Sounds reasonable, by then a 1.3 petrol engine will be well within price range, and lots of used ones available.

I cannot emphasise enough how underwhelming I found the 1.2 engine. It was sourced for me, but I'd only been able to test drive the 1.3 demonstrator.

I found I was revving it a lot when pulling away to get speed, which probably wouldn't have done the clutch a load of good. They may be 'fine' engines, but just not so great on a heavy car.
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

gloucester wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:37 pm
Qashowner wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:00 pm Don't worry about the diesels, they are being made until 2030 another 9 years and at present comply with Euro 6 which allows them even in the London ULEZ zone.
Bristol is proposing a total diesel ban though.
Not Euro 6, https://www.cleanairforbristol.org they will make people with older cars shop elsewhere, there are plenty of out of town shopping malls as well as pretty Bath where cars are not being charged. :D
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

It was certainly the intention - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-50292596

Bristol is set to become the UK's first city to ban diesel cars from entering parts of the city centre in a bid to cut air pollution.

Bristol City Council has agreed to ban privately owned diesel cars from a central zone in the daytime.

https://www.carleasing.co.uk/news/news/ ... diesel-ban

Ah! Here we are - https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... ne-4846391

Seems to have been "dropped" or at least put on hold, but when the pandemic is over in a year or two's time it'll be back on the table.