Best way to route a cable...

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
YYY
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by YYY »

YYY wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:09 pm
lapalmeraie wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:50 am Only days ago I posted a video on this. Some Spanish guy wanted to know the same thing :)
This is how I managed and it is simple and straight forward.

You can of course route your cable more hidden but for Carplay you need the USB plug in the arm rest and than 2M won't be enough!
You should also make a hole into the arm rest compartment itself otherwise it makes no sense to hide it everywhere but still having it routed on the side of the armrest. And you should fix it well in order not to get it tangled in some mechanisms.

My approach could help you I think and big advantage is that you still can use the cable as well as separate charging cable. For instance when travelling and having forgotten your regular charger. ;)
I’ve watch3d a few of your videos, you helped me understand that the old head units were the ones with the SD card slot.

I’ll watch the video shortly!
2019 Vivid Blue 1.3 DiG-T Tekna 140PS

YYY

Post by YYY »

lapalmeraie wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:52 am
YYY wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:46 am Yes, I know that’s correct. I think I might just do that from now and not bother mounting my phone on the air vents.

Not much need to as I will be plugging phone in 100% of the time and using CP.
Thing is that some apps can use both your car screen and phone screen with different info.
For instance Apple maps. You get turn by turn directions on your phone and the map view on the car screen ;)

The phone holder upfront is also used for the short drives where you do not connect Carplay but still want the phone info, Siri etc.
Yes, I’ve noticed google maps shows the steps on the screen, never used apple maps on CP. find the turn by turn steps on the phone quite useless, but one day it may come in handy...
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

:D
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
YYY

Post by YYY »

I've been able to wedge the cable under the trim to the side of the gear stick, and feed it under the steering wheel, coming out over the top of the steering wheel (where the flap of fabric is ) and the cable then comes out to the offside of the steering wheel next to the vent.

One question I have is what are all of the blank buttons are for (to the right of the drivers wheel, near you knee)? It's where the lane departure toggle is located. I was thinking of buying a spare one of these blanks and drilling a hole through it so the cable could fit through. Then replace the blank with the drilled one. When it comes to sell the car, I would put the original blank back in place. See image

I've watched your video on how to add a new switch lapalmeraie (youtube.com/watch?v=jSkL9X1Z9dM), but I'm looking for a plain cover for the switch, not a switch itself. Do you know the name of the switch?

Why do you have so many switches down there? I only seem to have lane assist and auto hold.
Last edited by YYY on Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YYY

Post by YYY »

I guess it will be similar to this, but I only need the blank cover, rather than the button itself.
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

These are the ones for your QQ.

Never saw a blank one though. You could however remove a blank cover and refill it with an own plastic panel?
Or take a look at the junkyard?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

YYY, here is what we have on the QQ Tekna + and when there are more luxuries there are more Switches - Dave 😁

LDW Lane Departure Warning / Steering Assist Switch - Pro-PILOT / Stop Start System Dis-engaged / ECO Mode Switch :

5C61FB97-EB05-4658-857B-92708D9DA609.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
YYY

Post by YYY »

And there was me thinking the Tekna was one of the more higher class options 😂

Is the ECO mode only available for the Tekna+?

I've seen on Aliexpress there are a lot of extra buttons (thanks to your link), how would one go about figuring out what a) each might be used for and b) how to install one? I have a very good friend who is an electrical engineer so the installation of the button shouldn't be a problem, but the purchase of any additional hardware wouldn't be his domain.
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Well in fact you linked yourself to my video how to place one of these switches yourself. :D

On AliE you can find many versions with a very wide variety of logo's. I bought both of my switches here. And the idea is that you can use whatever you like for your own fonction. I bought for instance a "LED" for my white footwell lights and a "Parking sensor" for my dynamic turn light indicators in the back (thought it resembled the most :roll: and a "DRL" switch for the DRL fonction on the tail lights.

These toggle switches are used as simple/classical ON/OFF switches so you can use them for whatever you want to control as ON/OFF.
The switches are connected with 4 cables. A yellow and blue one for the switch fonction (so ON or OFF) and two additional cables (where the color may vary) for the backlight of the switch so it lights up as the original ones, whenever using your headlights. The back-lighting isn't mandatory for the switch to work but it is very easy to tap on a switch just next to it that it would be crazy not to use.

A good friend of mine used all of the slots for; heated backseats, heated steering wheel, power switch for TV screens in the backseats and I definitely forgot others :lol:

If I'm right, the ECO mode only comes with Diesel motors.
And then there are some differences between the J11a and the J11b model.
I think the last one has fewer toggle switches but also that whole new steering wheel button for the ProPilot option.
There is a Stop/Start switch, Lane departure, Parking sensor, ECO mode, headlight height, ESP,...

A Tekna+ would have LED headlights and therefor no headlight height switcht so fewer buttons. ;)
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I thought the eco button only came with the automatic gearbox.
I have my first automatic and I have the eco button.
Don’t remember having it on my previous diesel.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)