Parking assist

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Kooman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Kooman »

Hi I sent my car for a service at Nissan also was asking for a gps update on screen so I went ahead with that also.
When I got the car back the whole display was different I even had to pair my phone again.
So I tried to use park assist and now it says it's unavailable.
It was working before the update.
There are no errors and they put the nissan consult reader in the service with no errors.
2016 qashqai ti in Australia that is top range.
What would cause Park assist to be come unavailable.
Thankyou

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Being in UK I am not too familiar with this car. I assume Nissan have performed a map update which is a new SDCard only. The GPS receiver itself cannot be directly updated and is part of the centre head unit complete.

Where the display has changed and pairing is lost it appears they have reset the head unit somehow. To factory settings primarily.

Its possible they have updated the head unit firmware which should not be a problem. As such from what you say the PA (P. Assist) screen touch button is dead? The Park Assist system is very complex so I suggest you return to the dealer for an explanation of what they did and why certain things have changed.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Kooman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Kooman »

Thanks for reply, yes I have had gps map upgrades before but this time the whole display is different. and the park assist screen is different. There is no blue PA button on screen and when you press the symbol to park either reverse or between to cars it says its unavailable.