Placed an order - A few questions?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Adambrownb
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Adambrownb »

So I’ve ordered the Qashqai N-Connecta 160 DCT
with glass roof in storm white which I’m excited about!!
I just have a few basic questions please...

Does it come with mats?
Does it have an SD card slot?
Can you change the colour of the ambient lighting and where is it? Just the centre console?
Can you programme the keys for the driver (in my current car you can add a profile and programme it to the key so it knows who is driving)
Does it have footwell and puddle lights fitted?
What headlights are fitted as standard? I know they aren’t LED but are they xenon or just halogen? Are they bright enough?
Do you need to push a button on the door for keyless entry to lock and unlock or can you just walk up to it and away from it and it locks and unlocks by itself?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Adam

MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

It doesn’t come with mats - I had to haggle for mine.
It doesn’t have an SD card slot, you can tether to your home WiFi for software or map updates - or have those done annually at service.
You cannot programme the key.
It doesn’t have puddle lights.
Halogen lights, not bright enough in my humble opinion.
Press the button on the door or key to lock/unlock

With any luck your salesman/woman will talk you through all the detail. I spent 45 minutes on the garage forecourt when I picked mine up and nearer an hour when I collected my first.

They’re complicated beasts and you need time to understand the functions, pair phones with the connect system, etc.

Good Luck and enjoy
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Adam, did you not speak or obtain the Nissan Specs from your Dealer before ordering your QQ. The Dealer should still have the Specs on file as the Nissan Brochures have now been deleted due to the coming of the new QQ. Attached are some facts on the N-Connecta which you can play with to perhaps give you a better overview.

Open the Link, Go down to N-Connecta then the Hit the Red Show(2) / then hit the DIG-T 160 DCT. I am sure someone will post an old Nissan Broschure for you - Dave 😏

** as Mike mentioned get all the facts and advice from your Sales Person before you drive off - it is ideal to make a Checklist and just ask as there is a lot to learn - for me part of the Deal called Service & Satisfaction 👍

77C9775D-E016-4710-A62C-B26926A6C2C1.jpeg

Prices & Specifications - Nissan Qashqai | Nissan : https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/new-v ... tions.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Adambrownb

Post by Adambrownb »

Thanks mate 😀
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

MikeJC has essentially answered most of your questions- here's my take:

Mats - no it doesn't have mats and my dealer wouldn't provide them (albeit I was buying second-hand - and I didn't ask for them since the car already had mats when I test drove it - but they'd been removed when it was handed over!) I found it was cheaper buying them on the internet and having them delivered than buying from the dealer - and that was with the same dealer supplying them on eBay !!! (But then I never got on with the dealer in Gloucester!). I also didn't bother with a boot tray since the one I'd kept from my Fabia virtually fitted the lower boot area in the Qashqai.

SC card slot - no - why would you need one? The SD card in the previous model was only for navigation. The USB socket provides the user interface including for map updating (note not as straightforward as just plugging a new card in).

Ambient lighting colour change - I doubt it - but I don't have direct experience.

Ambient lighting location - just around the gear lever if the same as the J11.

Keys - no point in having them programmed since there are no functions that would operate. Unlike my brother's Tesla 3!

Footwell lights - no - optional

Puddle lights - no - not optional in the sense of mirror or door bottom mounted - although you can get optional sill lights.

Headlights - halogen - I had LEDs so no experience but easy to fit uprated bulbs in a halogen as I did in both Fabias I had before - and the motorbike.

No self locking - but pressing the button on the door becomes second nature - and there's one on the boot too. Also it doesn't self-lock as you gain speed - you have to manually lock using the door armrest button - which also becomes second nature. At least you can then simply open the door by pulling the handle - my present car has to be unlocked prior to using the handle.

DaveBerlin wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:14 am
I am sure someone will post an old Nissan Broschure for you - Dave 😏

I wonder who he means? :?

I don't have anything later than the November 2019 one (copy attached) - and Nissan has a habit of changing specifications at will so you can never be sure precisely what's in or out of a particular model just by citing the name.

n-connecta.JPG

... and so you can see what becomes standard on higher trims:

tekna.JPG

20191101 Qashqai.pdf
(4.35 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)