Considering a QashQai, after some advice and honest comments.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

My Quashai was a 1.2 petrol had for 3 yrs from new 20.ooo miles from New was a 2017 march and the underseal was not cured so had just come from the factory 3 miles away..... had no problems apart from new.. the battery which was replaced by RAC the last day of its lease my MPG was 30 overall but I don't go anywhere now, do lots of short runs my new car MPG 36 the new 13 engine is brilliant
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car

Mr_G
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mr_G »

Thanks, so you have not had any oil loss of rattling issues at all ?
conrail

Post by conrail »

love my 17 plate diesel qashqai, great comfort and fuel economy but saying that wouldn't an electric car suit your dad's need? the Nissan LEAF. electric car has two batteries and nissan in Sunderland are building a new factory to manufacture electric vehicle batteries, I may appear to be promoting electric cars but to be honest I know nothing about them, just thinking of your dads situation so hope I have been helpful
conrail

Post by conrail »

hi again, just read this about the nissan leaf posted here ; viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11086&sid=48dce474 ... 94f5dbb47c
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mr_G, just as David as mentioned, ours was a late 2014 J11A QQ Tekna / Manual / 1,2L from New and we had it until buying the J11B Tekna+ in late 2019. The 1,2L engine performed fine for normal trips, but out here there are a few Hills when you travel around and the Gearbox had to be used.
All we needed was the normal New Battery (Old Fiamm) / Leaky defect Condenser and for us a New Nissan Connect Electronic System all replaced under warranty. The 1,2L engine oil useage was normal, planned services and it ran very well for the 5 years and then we decided on buying the New 1,3L QQ (what a Motor) & the DCT Auto Gearbox (what a Gearbox).
The majority of comments on the Oil Problem are positive but naturally the comments are not seen - Dave 😊
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mr_G

Post by Mr_G »

conrail wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:19 pm love my 17 plate diesel qashqai, great comfort and fuel economy but saying that wouldn't an electric car suit your dad's need? the Nissan LEAF. electric car has two batteries and nissan in Sunderland are building a new factory to manufacture electric vehicle batteries, I may appear to be promoting electric cars but to be honest I know nothing about them, just thinking of your dads situation so hope I have been helpful
I dont think he is quite ready for an Electric Vehicle, the nice ones are out of budget and the Leaf isnt very good looking.