seat belt doesnt retract automatically

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Post Reply
Khay
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:14 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Khay » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Hi,

I am driving Qashqai 2015 1.5 DCI but my seat belt doesnt retract automatically. Does it cover under warranty ?

thanks

DaveBerlin
Posts: 8623
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:39 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:28 am

Khay, welcome to the Forum. As you state that you have a 2015 QQ it would appear you are out of your Nissan Guarantee period. Take a look at this Old Post on the same subject or play around with “Search” - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8477
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Buffy
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:14 am
Location: Telford UK
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Buffy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:09 am

Try pulling it all the way out - with the car stationary , and lightly spray some silicone onto the black webbing.
Then wipe it and see how it retracts.
However if the webbing is starting to fray , then this will hinder the retraction and also be an MOT fail
2020 Quasqai 1.3DiG-T 140 Tekna in Gunmetal Grey
2020 Qashqai 1.3DIG-T 160 Tekna in Vivid Blue
Previous : 2016 Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.2 DiG-T - Gunmetal Grey
Previous : 2016 Qashqai N-Connector 1.5 Diesel - Pearl Black
Former BMW Master Technician

User avatar
PJB729
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:18 am
Location: The Midlands

Post by PJB729 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:39 pm

My 2016 QQ drivers seat belt would stick about once every couple of months I would pull it all the way out a few times and then it would work fine, until the next time
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red

Khay
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:14 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Khay » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:00 pm

DaveBerlin wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:28 am
Khay, welcome to the Forum. As you state that you have a 2015 QQ it would appear you are out of your Nissan Guarantee period. Take a look at this Old Post on the same subject or play around with “Search” - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8477
Thanks for your advise . I am new in this forum and really appreciate your response

Khay
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:14 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Khay » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:02 pm

Buffy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:09 am
Try pulling it all the way out - with the car stationary , and lightly spray some silicone onto the black webbing.
Then wipe it and see how it retracts.
However if the webbing is starting to fray , then this will hinder the retraction and also be an MOT fail
Hi

Thanks for your advise. to be honest i dont like my qashqai . I had old toyota auris 2007 never had any issue

Khay
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:14 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Khay » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:03 pm

PJB729 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:39 pm
My 2016 QQ drivers seat belt would stick about once every couple of months I would pull it all the way out a few times and then it would work fine, until the next time
Thanks for your response

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post