Can't start car

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
sgt.snowman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by sgt.snowman »

I've got a 2015 Qashqai. Last week, i put a few things in there to take to the tip. On my last lot, the boot didn't quite shut properly, could tell it wasn't fully shut. Tried opening with the button on the boot but it wouldn't release. After trying for a while, I gave up and decided to leave, thinking the speed bumps in the village would help it shut! But when I put the key in the ignition, the immobiliser light would show. Engine wouldn't do anything. I read online that it would sometimes work if you just try it a few times but that wasn't successful. I left in our other car and decided to look again today.

Anyway, tried today and now the battery is dead! I did read that it might not be a good idea to jump start so rather than try to do anything else, I was hoping to get a bit of help on it if possible? I'm not sure whether the immobiliser shows because the boot wasn't closed or something else. I looked inside the boot but can't find a catch to release the boot and help open it so i can close it again. Little bit unsure. I've messaged a mechanic nearby but just wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts on this? Also, should i use a battery pack I have to jump start the car or wait until someone's looked at it?

Thanks!

Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

My previous car battery failed through the car nor being used enough through the present situation. I got the AA out and he fitted the better battery. I asked about using a battery pack or jump starting and he advised against. He also had to do a reset after the battery was fitted.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
sgt.snowman

Post by sgt.snowman »

Geordieman wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:15 pm My previous car battery failed through the car nor being used enough through the present situation. I got the AA out and he fitted the better battery. I asked about using a battery pack or jump starting and he advised against. He also had to do a reset after the battery was fitted.
Ah, interesting, thank you! I've used it about once a week to go and pick shopping up at the weekend, but not as much as I was. I'll hold off jump starting it in that case - I don't have one of the Intelligent keys, just a standard one. I'm hoping that makes things somewhat more straightforward...
I'm not very confident when it comes to trying to fix things with cars, I don't feel like I know nearly enough to start playing around!
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

I think the AA man advised using the car 3 times a week for at least 20 mins.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

I am surprised that you could not tell if the boot was not shut properly, I thought Qashqai's had a boot/door open warning, my 2014 does.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.