ALL-NEW NISSAN QASHQAI BREAKS COVER

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qaifan, Thanks for the information ! **The AWD is also only with the 158PS / CVT - Dave 🤗

1.3 DiG-T PETROL 140PS/158PS 12V ALiS MILD HYBRID
The 12V ALiS (Advanced Lithium-ion battery System) mild hybrid system available on new Qashqai is a more affordable hybrid technology that provides torque assist, extended idle stop, quick restart and coasting stop [CVT only], with improvements to both fuel economy and CO2 output (-4g/km).

The positive impact of the mild hybrid’s energy management on CO2 is competitive and the 1.3-litre engine delivers more ppower and torque than key competitors, making the petrol engine variant a compelling offer. The ALiS mild hybrid system adds just 22kg to the overall vehicle mass.

When decelerating, energy is recovered through regeneration and stored in the Lithium-ion battery. This charged energy is then supplied during Idling Stop, Coasting Stop (CVT versions only) and Torque Assist.

When coasting to a stop, at speeds of less than 18kph, and ‘brake on’, the engine will switch off and the stored energy is used to power the vehicle’s electrical equipment. This allows engine stop to be extended and fuel consumption lowered as a result.

When accelerating (between 20kph/12mph and 110kph/68mph), the energy in the Lithium-ion battery allows the motor to assist with an additional +6Nm torque for up to 20 seconds. This helps reduce the torque effort on the engine and improves fuel economy.

The ALiS is mated to the refined and reputable 1.3 DiG-T petrol engine that was introduced to Qashqai in 2018. This engine has been improved further for new Qashqai with 50 newly designed components and Euro6-d Full compliance.

The turbo charger now features an electrically controlled waste gate for quicker response; new nozzles improve the central injector; reduced friction across a number of components improve CO2; and the gas particulate filter features a new substrate and under floor catalyst.

The 1.3-petrol 12V ALiS will be offered with two power outputs – 140PS and 158PS – with either a 6-speed manual transmission, or new Xtronic CVT gearbox (158PS only). Max engine power arrives at 5500rpm, with maximum available torque of 270Nm at a convenient 1750rpm on 158PS CVT and high power MT variants.
On manual versions the gearbox has been enhanced for a quicker, more direct and sportier shift feeling. The new generation Xtronic CVT transmission offers better fuel economy and acceleration feel thanks to improvements including a twin oil pump system with new electrical oil pump. The CVT on new Qashqai delivers the best of both worlds, offering seamless driving in the city and during light acceleration, combined with direct connected DCT-like d-step behaviour during hard acceleration.

2WD is available on both 140PS and 158PS versions, ** whilst 4WD will only be available on 158PS CVT models. A new 4WD control system and driving selection mode is more intuitive and intelligent, adapting itself to external conditions with five driving modes – Standard, ECO, Sport, Snow and Off-Road. In case of any wheel slip, the time which the 4WD system acts has been reduced by a factor of five to around 0.2 seconds.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Indeed Dave, but the Tekna+ version seems to be an exception. It will not, supposedly, be offered with 140 hp. What is not yet clear is that, depending on region, the 6MT will not be offered for Tekna+ either!???
This was what I read in the above referred to URLs.
I will see when my car is delivered, I am still not really sure :-)!
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

My worry with the mild hybrid is that the battery is so small the car will mainly run on petrol
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@MikeGC It is not 100% clear but AFAIK the new 'electrified' J12 1.3 sure seems no Toyota or Hyundai type hybrid.
I don't even think it can run on battery without the combustion engine (?).
It seems to be combustion engine assistance ... not replacement in any way ... but reading the explanations does not really make it really clear to me either.
To me that was not a negative ... replacing batteries of a 48V system (instead of this 12V Alis) will surely be even more expensive ... and that day will *come* is we don't get rid of the car soon enough !
I hope that as soon as real drive tests are allowed/possible this will become clear.
Anyway ... for (avoiding extra) tax purposes a mild-hybrid is ... interesting !
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Qaifan - I had hoped for something more like the BMW i3 where the engine is used as a range extender. I guess we’ll find out more when the model is launched and some "real world" testing takes place.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@MikeGC, but what about the ePower version that will be introduced in 2022 ?
According to the dealer I could not preorder that yet, but he insisted that would become the most beloved version !
I can see why ... in my country all additional taxes are very dependent on CO2 ... this ePower car would prove cheap compared to the 1.3 mild hybrids in that regard.
But the initial car-price of the 1.5 epower version may be quite a bit higher (AFAIK my Nissan dealer did not seem to know this yet).
I might have gone for this 'ultimate' J12 version, at least if pricing would prove somewhat more affordable, less than Qashqai EV versions might cost.
A true EV power-feeling is very tempting !
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Nissan UK website now allows for detailed comparisons of all the Qashqai J12 versions :

https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/new-v ... mpare.html

https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/new-v ... 2dd4-modal
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qaifan/ Mike, does this write up help - Dave 😉

1.3 DiG-T PETROL 140PS/158PS 12V ALiS MILD HYBRID
The 12V ALiS (Advanced Lithium-ion battery System) mild hybrid system available on new Qashqai is a more affordable hybrid technology that provides torque assist, extended idle stop, quick restart and coasting stop [CVT only], with improvements to both fuel economy and CO2 output (-4g/km).
The positive impact of the mild hybrid’s energy management on CO2 is competitive and the 1.3-litre engine delivers more power and torque than key competitors, making the petrol engine variant a compelling offer. The ALiS mild hybrid system adds just 22kg to the overall vehicle mass.
When decelerating, energy is recovered through regeneration and stored in the Lithium-ion battery. This charged energy is then supplied during Idling Stop, Coasting Stop (CVT versions only) and Torque Assist.
When's coasting to a stop, at speeds of less than 18kph, and ‘brake on’, the engine will switch off and the stored energy is used to power the vehicle’s electrical equipment. This allows engine stop to be extended and fuel consumption lowered as a result.
When accelerating (between 20kph/12mph and 110kph/68mph), the energy in the Lithium-ion battery allows the motor to assist with an additional +6Nm torque for up to 20 seconds. This helps reduce the torque effort on the engine and improves fuel economy.
The ALiS is mated to the refined and reputable 1.3 DiG-T petrol engine that was introduced to Qashqai in 2018. This engine has been improved further for new Qashqai with 50 newly designed components and Euro6-d Full compliance.
The turbo charger now features an electrically controlled waste gate for quicker response; new nozzles improve the central injector; reduced friction across a number of components improve CO2; and the gas particulate filter features a new substrate and under floor catalyst.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

It is now clear Dave.
I do wonder how long such a complicated 'assist' system will work before it starts malfunctioning.
My low-tech Mazda cars never had (non-wear) problems.
Anticipating this care-free experience can't be expected to last with these tech-type of cars/engines, but I do hope to be proven ... wrong !
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Thanks Dave