ALL-NEW NISSAN QASHQAI BREAKS COVER

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ilkka
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by ilkka »

There is now a POV test drive video online, and I think this is the first drive video in english too.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thanks for the link to this english POV test-drive.
What always amazes me is that those testers are able to say/write all these positive remarks, but then also in several ways admit they only had a very lilited time to drive.
If driven on the type of roads in this video I, personally, would guess most modern vehicles might drive 'nicely' ... even Russian and Chinese cars.
But anyway, it's great to read all these positive initial reports ... far better (of course) than reviewers telling us the new qashqai would be a true disaster :-)
I have not yet found any in-depth test where, for example, also the new QQ infotainment system (TomTom, Androis Auto as well as Apple Carplay...) is tested to know if and how it all works together/interacts with the digital dasboard / HUD display ?
malvern_man
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man »

Found this on YouTube earlier on.

2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@malvern_man. Really interesting and, as far as I am concerned, never seen video ... building the new QQ car by people, but assisted by so many robots is thrilling to see.
Looks like the entire car is made of aluminium !???
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Malvern_man, Thanks for that Assembly Line video, to me these type of videos are important as you can get to understand the techniques required during assembly, but it just looks so calm and peaceful whether Robots or Personnel - Dave 😉

QaiFan, Not All !
The hood, doors and front fenders are stamped from aluminum alloy, which makes the body of the Qashqai 60 kg lighter. This improves efficiency and thereby contributes to reduced emissions.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@DaveBerlin ... maybe even more aluminium would make it also more expensive ???
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

QQ Facts on the Body Shell / Steering / Powertrains - Dave 😉

“The all-new Nissan Qashqai is the new Alliance CMF-C platform, which has allowed Nissan’s product-planners, designers and engineers to create a vehicle which succeeds in reconciling the challenging customer demands in terms of design, spaciousness, dynamics and carbon footprint.”

All-New Nissan Qashqai: Elevating the Drive : https://uk.nissannews.com/en-GB/release ... -the-drive
For a change a Ceramic Grey QQ with a GB No.Plate :

80BD1CF3-C1B6-4901-B9D5-59E900131676.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

This looks a really positive comment regarding the 20” Wheels, Suspension roads etc as there has always been negative comments regarding the discomfort of 19” Alloys, which personally I have never had a problem with. OK again this is for the Top Range Models & Costs, but what does not these days - Dave 😋

“Customers who order their Qashqai with 20-inch wheels or all-wheel drive will enjoy class-leading poise and comfort that comes from the multi-link rear suspension configuration. The wheel placement on the road remains optimised through direction changes, as well as camber changes and, most noticeably, roads with poor and bumpy surfaces. The springing gives a connected feeling with the road, with a positive response in bends thanks to well controlled body-roll, without compromising comfort while the damping immediately returns the car to an even keel after undulations. Equally, on both suspension set-ups the insulation from road noise and vibrations remains one of the Qashqai’s finest attributes, with refinement comparable to vehicles from higher segments.”
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thanks for the new information DaveBerlin and others.

From the UK, a great and detailed review / test from UK "AutoExpress Magazine" :
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qa ... 021-review

[Not all seems best of class, but it all still reads like : new QQ is here again to fight its growing number of challengers ! ]
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Pity they didn't fold the seats down in that test
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)