Garage / Engineer S.W. London

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Leica
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006โ€“2013)

Post by Leica »

I would welcome recommendations for an independent Nissan orientated garage in SW London ( I am Putney based ). My recently acquired J-10 has just introduced me to a local garage whose owner took me to the cleaners and brought me home again! Outrageous prices and poor service.

Leica

Post by Leica »

No body replied to my Post, fair enough but I do find if difficult to believe that all QQ owners in the Home Counties either use religiously, Nissan Main Dealer Servicing or alternatively carry out all their servicing needs themselves.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017โ€“2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Leica, it would have been pointless me answering your question, but here are my comments.
I have been living out here in Berlin now for 31 years and in that time have had a Nissan Micra, Note, Juke, QQ J11A and now a QQ J11B. All of these have been bought and serviced by the same Family Dealership. Yes OK Dealership hourly rates are on the high side, OEM parts are expensive, but the satisfaction is that the Equipment is there whether it be Electronic, Test Programmes, Service Tools, Trained Service Guys etc.... all to me give the satisfaction of a correct Service / Guarantee and knowing if there is a problem, itโ€™s back to them. In all this time all Nissan problems were corrected by the Dealership under Guarantee.
If you are Young / Dynamic / Fit and have the Facility to Service yourself great, I am at the other end of the tree active, but do not have the facilities for Servicing, so in the end I use a Dealership and it Just Costs but I am satisfied - Dave ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LEDโ€™s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Leica

Post by Leica »

DaveBerlin - thank for your well reasoned and persuasive response, all of which it is hard to disagree. I have just come from 3 years of Toyota ownership with the car being perfectly maintained by a well regarded and most professional 'mechanic' who was formerly a Toyota Main Agent Service manager. He decided to set up on his own ten years ago and offers labour rates at less than half the main dealers hourly rates. He has all of the diagnostic equipment for Toyotas that he will ever need and due his 'previous life' he is able to source OEM parts at extremely good prices. Finally he operates from a large workshop at his home which is close to me. What more can one ask? Sadly he will not deal with any other marque than Toyotas so this is the reason for my post. I had hoped that a similar professional engineer might be available for Nissan motors but it seems not. Unfortunate. In earlier years I did so much of my own servicing but now being late '70's' I simply cannot get over and under vehicles as once I could.

To close - there will possibly be a riposte that I should have bought a used Toyota - I considered that but the present range of late but used vehicles does not appeal. The Rav4 being larger, heavier and only 4 wheel drive - none of these qualities are needed in SW London.