Help! Aircon, clock, stop start issues!

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
London_1984
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by London_1984 »

We purchased 1.2 DiG-T N-Connecta 2018 from a main dealer 3 months ago with 1 year warranty.

There was an engine noise that we were fobbed off with that we eventually got them to check, confirmed rattling of something they cushioned - all sorted.

Now the weather is good, air con is very noisy and chucks out warm air. Makes a gassy hissy noise. Called up and they're telling me we need to pay for diagnostic and also if just re-gassing that we need to foot the £159.

Fuel economy isn't also great. Clock keeps jumping back by one hour on auto time.

Stop/start will only work when air con is off - is this right?

Please excuse my ignorance, but does this sound correct? Very little trust in this dealership after initially being fobbed off with previous engine issue!

Appreciate any help, thank you in advance!

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

It would be interesting to know what they did re the engine issue - but you probably don't have the full story? You'll find the largest topic on this forum is problems with the 1.2 engine.

Air con does need regassing occasionally - but I'm not sure what the "gassy hissy noise" is.

Fuel economy - I achieved 34mpg overall.

Clock issue - haven't heard that one

Stop/Start - on my car it hardly ever worked period! With a well charged battery it will occasionally work if AC is only but it's often given as an excuse. The stop/start installation on these cars is not well designed.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)