Do all NTec+ and Tekna models have panoramic sun roof?

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
bazmattaz
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by bazmattaz »

Hi there,

I'm looking at buying a 2012 or 2013 Qashqai. I really like the NTec+ and Tekna trim levels but my wife is not a fan of the panoramic sun roof.

I've looked around and it seems like most NTec+ and Tekna models came with panoramic sun roof as standard. Is there any chance i can find a 2012 or 2013 Qashqai without the sun roof?

Also, the brochure mentions that the the sun roof comes with "one touch shade" what does that mean?

Thanks

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bazmattaz, definitely the Tekna has a Panoramic Roof as we had the 2014 Model and it was a Std. Regarding the N-Tec, attached is a Nissan Attachment from 2014 which states that the N-Tec + has a Panoramic Roof ** which seems to be the upgraded model - Std model not the + without. The comment on the “One Touch Shade” means that you touch the button “Once” and the internal Shade opens - Magic ! I hope this helps Dave 😉
I am sure if these facts are incorrect they will be corrected 🤫

Nissan adds new model, updates trim grade for popular Qashqai range : https://uk.nissannews.com/en-GB/release ... hqai-range
** n-tec+ adds roofrails and Panoramic glassroof as standard

Carbuyer Facts :
Nissan Qashqai N-Tec review | Carbuyer : https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/nissan/qashqai/n-tec
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Hi

Isn't it NTEC, Tekna and Tekna+ ?
Anyway, I think it is by default installed on these trim levels indeed.
The "one touch shade" is in fact just the button just above the rear view mirror and the three lights in the front, to control the shade.
One touch and it closes, one toch and it opens, touch en hold and you can open/close it as far as you like.

Why doesn't she like it?
I think it is really nice to have it as it brings so much light into the car and it is a real joy to have this additional view, especially in summer.
I do not think it brings extra heath into the car in summer as it is special / darkened glass. It appears also to be more solide (in case of an accident) than the classic metallic roof.
When you close the shade you won't even notice that there is a panoramic roof and honestly I like to play with the appearance this way;

in winter completely closed.
Sometimes just opened above the driver & passenger
at summer completely openend.
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

posted at the exact same moment.... great minds... ;)

If needed just shout and I can make a short vid of the shade if you like.
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
PDH
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by PDH »

I have a 2015 Tekna and it doesn't have the Panoramic Roof. I believe it became a 'standard' option at some point ie you could order a new car with or without the glass roof. Whether the price was different I do not recall.
2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.5 Dci
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

I'm not familiar with the models and options of the J10 version which you appear to be targeting (the J11 however came out at the end of 2013).
The Nissan model and option statuses change frequently - makes life confusing.

J10

In the October 2011 brochure the panoramic roof was standard on the n-tec+ and the Tekna. On the Qashqai+2 it was standard on Acenta, n-tec+ and Tekna.

In the June 2013 brochure the panoramic roof was standard on the "Qashqai 360" and the Tekna. Curiously though, although it's in some of the Qashqai+2 photos it doesn't list in the specs.

J11

With the J11 the Tekna initially had the panoramic roof as standard but shortly afterwards it became optional. I never found out whether my 2015 had it as standard or an option (I bought it second-hand) but I think it was an option (see below). I made sure when I insured it that they knew it had the panoramic roof in case it was optional.

In the January 2014 and April 2014 brochures the panoramic roof was standard on the Acenta Premium and Tekna.

By the September 2014 brochure it had become optional on the Tekna and cost an additional £400 - but it was still standard on the new n-tec+ model!

By the November 2015 brochure the panoramic roof was standard on the Acenta Premium but was still a £400 option on the Tekna.

By the February 2016 brochure it was still a £400 option on the Tekna but was also available on the Acenta and N-Connecta as part of the £550 Comfort Pack to include the satin roof rails already standard on the Tekna.

The situation then changed again when the J11b was introduced.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)