Map Settings options missing

ICE, Equipment, Options
Bluenose

Post by Bluenose »

Going through the manual for my 1.5dCi Acenta Premium and the following options appear to be missing:Manual: Nissan Connect Owner's Manual (L2K-U0) November 2013 (01) Publication No OM13E-L2KE0EPage Reference: Map Settings 3-9Options missing from my connect system:[Speedlimit Info"]], [Overspeed Warning"]], [Overspeed Threshold"]]I emailed Nissan and got the following reply:Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Service on the 1/4/14, regarding Map settings. I have had a look at the NAVI manual that we have available and it seems that you are navigating to the correct location on the system. If a customer was unsure where to go we would refer them to the NAVI manual ourselves. Sice you already have done this my best advice in this situation would be to check you vehicle and see if the "grade" you have purchased is one that has the features included in it as not all grades do. Secondly if your vehicle should have these features then I would visit the dealership and have them inspect you unit to make sure there are no software faults that are stopping these options dislaying.Does anyone else have these options available? If so, any idea how I enable mine?Thanks.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I missed that one on the order formSo now theres diffrent grades on sat nav lolMy car due end of week ive never been so close to cancelling a car in all my lifeIts not as described so many things changed and Nissan GB all they do is refer you to dealerThat annoys me why do they think we go to Nissan GB obviously we had no luck with dealers simply as dealers do not know
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

I have to say i am confused about why Nissan UK can't, from you having told them the car specification, inform you if it should be there or not.They don't need to involve a dealer to say yes it should be there or no it shouldn't be there?
Nissan no more...
Bluenose

Post by Bluenose »

[quote="AlleyCat"]I have to say i am confused about why Nissan UK can't, from you having told them the car specification, inform you if it should be there or not.They don't need to involve a dealer to say yes it should be there or no it shouldn't be there?[/QUOTE]
Totally agree, surely the dealer gets their information from Nissan UK anyway.There has to be a list of software versions and what options they contain with a corresponding list of Qashqai Models and which software version applies to them.It's not rocket science.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

This is all good stuff and perhaps now that Nissan have joined us they will be able to set the record straight for us? Having ordered the Tekna I guess there's no need for me to be concerned but whilst I realise that none of us are good at reading the small print, it would be very sad if this turns out to be serious - hopefully it's just a case of finger trouble and a less than helpful gatekepper at Nissan that day?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Puzzles me as i've never seen anything to suggest the "connect" unit in the Tekna, is different to that in an Accenta Premium or the Limited Edition(?)If you go down the "logical" order of what you get in each vehicle the Tekna spec doesn't even mention the Sat Nav as it is inherited from the A/P model.Sounds like a brush off to me.
Nissan no more...
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Brush off for sure..Called Nissan 5 hours ago about software versions on Nissan Connect....no call back yet...calling again NOW!
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

For those of you who don't know, the members of this forum have discovered two different software versions in the 2014 QQ's for the NissanConnect 7.Early deliveries have C013 with later deliveries showing C018 as the software version installed....I've been asking if/how to get the update....so....from the other post.... Ok wow talk about chalk and cheese.I'm "lucky" I have one
Nissan dealer about 9 miles away and another 21 miles away. Ironically
due to various things it's roughly the same time to get to both.So,
I called Glyn Hopkin - Watford Nissan at 8:30 this morning and was
promised a call back re C013 being upgraded to C018...nothing.Just
chased them...long wait on the phone for them to suggest I contact my
leasing company as any update should of been carried out by them prior
to delivery...rubbish I replied...the leasing company is just that..it's
basically a finance deal...plus my car arrived 14 February pssibly
before any update was available or Nissan knew was needed....Then they said..well if there are updates we haven't had them from Nissan yet so still suggest you call Leasing company....no thank you.So, I called the other dealer - Aylesbury Nissan. Sensible man on the phone says why would your leasing company have anything to do with updating your Nissan Connect???? He
admits to having carried out a number of PDI upgrades to resolve
Bluetooth issues on the Nissan Connect 7 for various QQ's they have sent
out recently.Their records show this update as just a
resolution for this bluetooth issue and doesn't mention that it changes
the version of software particularly. However, in his words, that
doesn't mean this isn't a software upgrade and we are simply being told
to apply it. He added, they have no disc as such they can send out.He then took my details, promised to check if in fact this was a total software upgrade to C018 and get back to me.Assuming he does call me back in a sensible time frame guess who out of these two will be servicing my QQ? lol
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Bluenose"]Going through the manual for my 1.5dCi Acenta Premium and the following options appear to be missing:Manual: Nissan Connect Owner's Manual (L2K-U0) November 2013 (01) Publication No OM13E-L2KE0EPage Reference: Map Settings 3-9Options missing from my connect system:[Speedlimit Info"], [Overspeed Warning"], [Overspeed Threshold"]I emailed Nissan and got the following reply:Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Service on the 1/4/14, regarding Map settings. I have had a look at the NAVI manual that we have available and it seems that you are navigating to the correct location on the system. If a customer was unsure where to go we would refer them to the NAVI manual ourselves. Sice you already have done this my best advice in this situation would be to check you vehicle and see if the "grade" you have purchased is one that has the features included in it as not all grades do. Secondly if your vehicle should have these features then I would visit the dealership and have them inspect you unit to make sure there are no software faults that are stopping these options dislaying.Does anyone else have these options available? If so, any idea how I enable mine?Thanks. [/QUOTE]
I have an AP too and also missing this info. If it is available on the Tekna model but no other model I am not impressed as it is hardly a special feature. Has anyone with a Tekna checked to see if they have those options available?
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Spider

Post by Spider »

I have Tekna can see how to add this, but when ckick on home it shows long and lat setting.
Spider - Tekna 1.6dci CVT Xtronic