Stop/Start System Failure.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Qasshhi

Post by Qasshhi »

Similarly to robman9, my car also has foot mat syndrome. The Nissan dealer had it in the workshop for 3 days in January to fix the s/s issue ... but did not, so I asked them to take it back and try again. On this occasion I also email nissan.ie asking if there was a known issue and what the remedy was. Surprisingly I received my fixed car back in a day - was told the problem was caused by the rubber mat being too far under the pedal. Honestly, whatever ... it's fixed for now. I stopped in traffic several times since and the s/s function did not kick in - has it just been disabled? Time will tell but at least I no longer see that flashing message and accompanying bleeps.

MonTheFish

Post by MonTheFish »

Just got the Start / Stop error today on my wife's 5 month old car....I'll give it a good run tomorrow and check the mats. Thanks for the heads up!!!
Achtung-Qashqai

Post by Achtung-Qashqai »

If stop start technology is switched on and working, when you stop the car to wait for a passenger to turn up the engine stops. If you then forget that this has happened and turn the key in the ignition to restart rather than depressing the clutch the a fault is produced. It is a design fault as far as I am concerned. Any one have a clue how to reset the system without repeatedly paying the dealer?
robman9

Post by robman9 »

They'll insist on charging the battery over night. Get them to check the battery before.
Rob
Tenka 1.6 CVT
Achtung-Qashqai

Post by Achtung-Qashqai »

Thanks Rob. I will avoid the technology in future. I can't see the point. Any fuel saving is offset by dealer costs; the green cost of new batteries when the old one still functions far outweighs the savings from stop start. Any one want to buy a Qashqai?
Steve
MonTheFish

Post by MonTheFish »

going to phone the dealers tomorrow....reasonable run and error is still showing...mats are nowhere near the pedals either.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Strange thing happening to my car following the second service 10 days ago. The stop/start system which was rarely working now cuts out virtually every time I stop the car, even after a short run with air con and other things on.

In fact coming home yesterday and hitting traffic around the York shopping mall, it was cutting the engine off so many times I kept the clutch down most of the time. I would say the stop/start has activated more times in these last few days than all the previous 24 months added together.

Has something been changed?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Was there a s/ware update done Jon?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
MonTheFish

Post by MonTheFish »

So the dealers thought it was a good idea to tell the wife that it's the cold weather that is causing it and to give it a couple of days...just trying to figure out how much I want to shout at them at the moment.....
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Gel wrote:Was there a s/ware update done Jon?
Yes on the second service. The paperwork stated "all current software fixes spplied"
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors