Dealer oil question

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

DaveBerlin wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 4:25 pm
Just for interest the oil our Dealer has used on all our 4 previous Nissan's (now 1,2L Petrol) was Nissan Oil 5W40 from the Drum (208 L / 46 UK galls) and it was marked Total / Elf but was also available in 1L Containers. The Nissan No. is KE900-90032 (1L) please see the attachment it might help you for Nissan Oils :

It makes you wonder why Nissan Oils are not used, is it the cheaper price for example and mark up - Dave ;)
Had my second service done recently, and the oil mentioned in my invoice was Elf, was quite surprised that it did not mention Nissan's std oil.
So does this mean the Nissan oil is actually Elf?

On a separate note, If its not the right thread to ask this, pls let me know & I could start a new one. The second service covered all fluid changes, the recall for the rear wheel arch and some minor glitches I mentioned. The total bill was 730 Swiss Francs :o . 2.6 hours of labour . Does it actually cost so much in the UK,Germany etc or is this a Swiss thing? Would be helpful to hear your service costs.

I had bought a service package for three years at time of car purchase, so it was covered. The pinch felt was a lot less, but still want to know as I need to look at other dealers once my service contract runs out. Thanks.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.

ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

DaveBerlin wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 4:25 pm
Just for interest the oil our Dealer has used on all our 4 previous Nissan's (now 1,2L Petrol) was Nissan Oil 5W40 from the Drum (208 L / 46 UK galls) and it was marked Total / Elf but was also available in 1L Containers. The Nissan No. is KE900-90032 (1L) please see the attachment it might help you for Nissan Oils :

It makes you wonder why Nissan Oils are not used, is it the cheaper price for example and mark up - Dave ;)
Had my second service done recently, and the oil mentioned in my invoice was Elf, was quite surprised that it did not mention Nissan's std oil.
So does this mean the Nissan oil is actually Elf?

On a separate note, If its not the right thread to ask this, pls let me know & I could start a new one. The second service covered all fluid changes, the recall for the rear wheel arch and some minor glitches I mentioned. The total bill was 730 Swiss Francs :o . 2.6 hours of labour . Does it actually cost so much in the UK,Germany etc or is this a Swiss thing? Would be helpful to hear your service costs.

I had bought a service package for three years at time of car purchase, so it was covered. The pinch felt was a lot less, but still want to know as I need to look at other dealers once my service contract runs out. Thanks.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ThreeSixty, are you getting nervous you posted twice ! :lol:
It appears that the Nissan Genuine Oils unique Formulas are designed by ELF & developed by Total hence the marking on the Oil Drum I mentioned. See if this helps - Dave ;)

http://www.finol.ie/which-oil/blog/2013 ... ip-Europe/

Regarding the cost of the 2nd (Major) Service ours is due in the next couple of months but I must admit your cost seems extremely high that is €670 (£581), but the Schweiz is expensive country I believe. This might help but I am sure someone will answer as a lot of our QQ's are around the 3 years now.

IMG_3691.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Thanks Dave for all the info. Looks like I clicked the Submit twice. ;)

wow, the price in UK looks a fraction of what its here. Be interesting to know how much you need to pay in Germany and will wait for others to post.
Maybe I need to go Germany for my service :D

I thought you had a 2014 model; so how come your 2nd service is not yet completed?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

you can remove the dupe post by going back to it, and choosing DELETE :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

most dealers use there own 4 5 gallon drum with the oil that's suitable for all cars in stock now 5w30 any make in the end of the day long as it meets spec .....its not their car. .....used to give them my oil to put in ......but did it go in or keep it for there own car ...used to work in garages...
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ThreeSixty, I asked our Dealer today the cost of a Major QQ Service as ours is due soon and he mentioned around €450 (CHF 490) inc the extras like Oil, filters etc. just take this as a guide - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken