Air Con problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Checked with our Dealer's Store Guy today and he confirmed that the problem is increasing and there are more orders being placed for new parts and the delivery is now around 6 weeks - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Iandee

Post by Iandee »

10/8. . Text message "Please can you call me on 01923 200 233. Kind Regards Kiara Blake Nissan Case Manager."
I phoned her back. She gave me update. Problem with new suppliers. Now found another source. Will be in touch when more news. I said Inwas not in Uk from 20/9 to 12/10. She said it would definitely be before 20/9. In view of earlier posts saying that there are 1000's on order I'm not holding my breath. At 77 this was probably to be my last car and pushed the boat out re funds to get what I thought was a car with bells and whistles etc etc. Mistake was buying a NEW model so soon after it was issued. Even so being an ex Hertz rental I assumed it would have a good run in to have sorted any teething troubles. Obviously not. Dealer earlier had agreed to re gas at their expense, but I thought it strange that they couldn't do it for two months as "they didn't have the correct machine to do it". Eventually done but didn't last. Now we know why. I find it very difficult to understand how a large motor manufacturer can release a car with such a fault . There are no efforts to provide recourse/replacement / compensation. I would love to be in a position to change the car NOW but it seems impossible
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

jstallan, you have already confirmed this but I checked with our Dealer's Store Mgr. yesterday as you requested and he confirmed there was also no Part No. change but possibly a supplier change. Just another point has anybody got confirmation on the Guarantee Period of the new Condenser as it is normally one year for Genuine Nissan Parts - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

DaveBerlin wrote:jstallan, you have already confirmed this but I checked with our Dealer's Store Mgr. yesterday as you requested and he confirmed there was also no Part No. change but possibly a supplier change. Just another point has anybody got confirmation on the Guarantee Period of the new Condenser as it is normally one year for Genuine Nissan Parts - Dave ;)
I would image that if you have already had it changed once and it goes again (thus an inherent fault) I would think that they would have to replace again even if was 2 years later (from part changed).

Trouble is that the garages never seem to issue any paperwork for these fixes so it may be hard to prove that you have had the work done previously. They do say that the repairs are stored on their system but I would like something printed out to keep.

Post by sticky »

I was told that as the part was replaced within the warrantee period, that there was no 12 month warrantee for the part, and that it would NOT be covered after the end of the 3 yr car warrantee. I'll be asking Nissan for a written warrantee when my condenser is finally replaced.
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

@iandee - are you dealing with Toomey Southend to get the car re-gassed ? Are they saying they don't has the right equipment ?

I was called last Tuesday by NCS with "good news". As already stated in a few posts above, the manufacturer Nissan did have generating the parts wasn't up to scratch so they have now gone elsewhere and 1,000 units were released to Nissan today (Tuesday) and that my part will be with my dealer very soon. The NCS agent said they would be calling again the following week to check how satisfied I was with the 'fixed' car.

I immediately spoke to my local dealer (Toomey Southend) who said it was the first they'd heard of parts being released. They were aware of a replacement manufacturer. Anyway I booked the car in for Friday just gone on the basis it should turn up - mistake, it didn't. Dealer called me to say it hadn't turned up and they weren't even on the 'parts to be allocated' notification communication. Re-booked for Tuesday (just to grab slots in their schedule) and awaiting my "are you happy with the fix" call from NCS.

Maybe we should have a "who's waiting on an a/c condensor' thread ?
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

"@iandee - are you dealing with Toomey Southend to get the car re-gassed ? Are they saying they don't has the right equipment ?"

They Toomeys, didn't but eventually did. This was late last year.
Justalan, did you get a case number when you were originally contacted by or contacted NCS
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Just adding to this post. Mt 2 year old QQ also has a/c problems. They checked on service and found the condenser is the problem, being fixed on warranty. They said they recommend a re gas every two years also but if the condenser is rubbish whats the point ???
Simmo
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

UPDATE
23/8 - I called NCS to find out what is going on as my dealer still has no notification that the parts are on their way. The Agent dealing with my case was unavailable but did have a diary entry to call my dealer and myself on the 24/8.
24/8 - No call from NCS
25/8 - I called NCS to find out what is going on. He cannot give me any explaination as to why he didn't call me but admitted he also didn't call the dealer. I reminded him that he was going to ask me this week how satisfied I was with the 'a/c fix'. Oh dear, again I could sense the 'we don't really know where these parts are but lets give false hope to the customer' tone of voice. Well, I'd had enough of this, so while I remained civil I explained very clear to him the failings of Nissan. I was then told that all the affected customers are going to be resolved within 2 weeks. That 2 weeks started on 22/8. So we can all expect to be riding around with the A/C on as of Close of Play Sept 5th (there's a bank holiday in the uk between these dates) and the guy agreed with me.

I later spoke to the dealer who hadn't heard of this deadline of 2 weeks and was fuming that Nissan were making such statements. Seems to me that once NCS actually get some parts through they will be shifting the blame on the dealer for any further delays.

It's an utter shambles..... Made worse by the bloody heat this week!
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

Contacted my local dealer yesterday (Reading) about an update on the replacement condenser and I was told works should be completed by the end of September. I don't think I'll be holding my breath.....

Fortunately the QQ is no longer my daily, so not overly fussed. SWMBO however........ :lol: