Nissan Connect

ICE, Equipment, Options
Murglescymru

Post by Murglescymru »

Hello everyone,
I picked up my new Qashqai less than a week ago and am very impressed with the quality, drive and ergonomics. However, I have been completely unsuccesful, several times, in setting up the Nissan Connect App. I am very IT literate but find the error messages contradictory and confusing. Has anyone had any success or similar experiences with this system? Is it actually worth the effort to persevere?
1.6 Dci Tekna, Ink Blue

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I have had the app working for over a year but now it will not connect to car. I believe there is a fault with the app and Nissan are aware. Just a shame they could not bother to email their registered owners and advise.
I love the car but Nissan's approach to customer service and keeping their dealers in the loop with up to date info is very poor.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

My personal view is that it is neither use nor ornament here in the UK.
The apps available are few in number and you cannot use them to do the things we were all told you could do when the car was in its pre launch advertising phase.
Buy the car on the Continent or over in the USA or Canada and things are very different.
Overall, disappointing.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I'd agree with that sentiment. Nissan seem to have given up on flogging a dead horse when it comes to Nissan Connect. It was an afterthought, over-egged by their marketing dept. There hasn't been any improvement in the service for nearly a year and it's all but useless as systems change and evolve it loses support for all those third party services.

Unfortunately their lacklustre support also seems to extend to the Sat Nav, which is still running on 2013 edition maps. Means I use my iPhone for all but listening to the radio now, which is something I was hoping this car would avoid.
2014 1.6dci Tekna Storm White 2WD
duncho

Post by duncho »

I would disagree on argument of Nissan Connect being a dead horse. Dead horse is Nissan marketing and development department with their short sighted strategy.
The whole Nissan Connect idea turned in to complete disaster! Few to mention, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:

- Applications advertised during Qashqai promo have never really been delivered
- Connect unit is full of bugs which Nissan does not bother to fix
- maps are more than 2 years old, Nissan customer support have no clue when update will be released
- Send to Car is not properly supported and does not usually work when needed.
- Nissan Connect application for smartphones lacks of feature which would allow send destination to the car!
- it takes ages while Connect recognizes connected phone and allows to navigate in already so limited features
- extremely slow response even on LTE internet connection
- Connect requires cable connected iPhone with no possibility to tether wirelessly
- no CarPlay support, etc etc....

Overall t is crap as it is also the whole support of Nissan in regards to "innovation which DOES NOT EXCITE".
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

duncho wrote:feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:
;)

For me Send to car has worked every time I've used it. The limitations being:
Sometimes Google maps don't have a precise location to click onto - the nearest point can be a couple of miles away (I now always check the point I've clicked hasn't jumped before I send to car).

Where I live I can't get a phone signal in the car so have to drive about 200yds before parking up to access the feature on the Connect. Can't really blame the Connect for that.

Can't manage "send to car " items - it just stores the last 50 (not there yet!) and then deletes. It would be nice to be able to store them without having to set them as a destination but at least the latest one is easy to find as it's first on the list.

I believe the problem with the iPhone not working wirelessly is more down to Apple's implementation of bluetooth rather than a fault with the Connect (I'm not an expert, perhaps Nissan could have patched this, I don't know). It would be better if Nissan patched the whole system and allowed ApplePlay to work as an option.

I agree that we have been undersold on the Connect apps and general implementation. Last night we went out to friends and passed signs indicating the road would be closed completely overnight. On the way back as a test we set the SatNav for home.it still tried to direct us down this closed road. I thought the traffic warning should have routed us around the problem. Obviously not. If we hadn't been on our home turf the SatNav would have been useless at helping us out.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

The initial registration is in two parts - 1st set up on You + Nissan and then again on the Nissan Connect site This requires two separate passwords). Once this has been done you can download the Connect app to your phone and follow the in car registration. At least this is how I remember it but it was 8 months ago. I do know that it was important to do it in this order.
As for send to car, this stopped working when Google Maps was updated some months back and nothing I have been able to do seem to get it working again. I can go through everything and send the destination but then I just get an error message from google saying contact your manufacturer.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
duncho

Post by duncho »

F1 Bob wrote: I can go through everything and send the destination but then I just get an error message from google saying contact your manufacturer.
Right, the problem isn't in Google Maps (even if they changed API), but Nissan. Check app market, there are other makes that have their own applications to send destination to a car e.g. Lexus, Rolls Royce, BMW, Volvo etc.
Send To Car should have been integrated to that primitive NissanConnect app which eats space on my iPhone...
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This video and these facts have been around for some time but it just might be worth taking a look at what could be done - Dave :)

http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/experienc ... nsive.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

Hi everyone, does anyone know what the latest version of Nissan Connect is. Mine is D302 and taking the car in next week for it's first service. If needed l am ask for a update to be done. Thanks
1.6dci Tekna Storm White CVT (2014). UK