1.2 DIG-T - Oil loss

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Thanks Gloucester my computer expert was out playing in the street
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car

QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

@rickwilliams.
That's -of course- terrible and ... bad luck !
I knew of the Renault/Nissan 1.2 T engine (oil loss-) problems as well as the well known CVT issues.
But I never imagined Nissan would not acknowledge such problem(s), at least not if it is that obvious !?
When (in the past as I recall) Toyota had some minor issues the press was all over it, however this seems to be of a completely different scale and far, far worse.
Until now I, personally, have no issues and don't plan to sell the car (QQ 2021+, 10K miles) any time soon.
But if this would ever happen to me ... well ...
I hope you can have all this solved, any way or the other.
david sunderland

Remember at the time the plant was in full production chucking out 600 cars a day not all petrol live a couple of miles away carparks where full of QQ ... The reg plate used to give away that it's a factory employers rental car that's why I moved to Renault kadjar.... same car everybody had one up here
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Gblondon
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gblondon »

My car is the same, bought it 10 months ago i had to keep putting oil in it, had a service done, it seemed ok but now There is something wrong with the engine, system fault, the car just slowed down whilst on the motorway, engine light came on and the engine was shaking, I’m gutted.
david sunderland

Does anyone know the outcome of this court verdict? Page 80
m112

Post by m112 »

david sunderland wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:56 am Does anyone know the outcome of this court verdict? Page 80
It's still ongoing
hrjfaw2

Post by hrjfaw2 »

Hi all, new to this forum but this literally happened to me yesterday. Noticed a couple of weeks ago excessive oil consumption and a rattling sound from the engine, took it to the closest Nissan dealer yesterday to be told it needs a total engine rebuild at a cost of £10,433. Guy in the service dept advised me to call Nissan as it’s a known manufacturer fault and they should at least offer partial payment of repairs, Nissan are saying their “hands are tied” and nothing they can do due to car being 8 years old. I am so angry, I feel I’ve been totally miss-sold this car and Nissan have behaved like criminals keeping them on the market; I bought it 2 years ago and have FSH, no issues whatsoever until the rattling a couple of weeks ago. Woman I spoke to tried to blame me for not taking it to a Nissan dealer in feb for a service - had just given birth so wasn’t really up for an hours drive for a service, and wasn’t having any issues with the car then anyway. I’m seeking legal advice but just wanted to see if anyone who’s had problems recently had got anywhere at all with Nissan? Tbh I’d be happiest if they would just settle the outstanding finance so I can get a new car and have nothing to do with them ever again! Now stuck with no car, living in the countryside and the only driver in the household so we are basically trapped in our house.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum - in your unfortunate circumstances. You haven't stated the mileage.

I got rid of mine once I found out this problem existed, and when the three year warranty expired. It's still running five years later but of course I don't know whether it's had engine work.

Nissan have been known to contribute but only generally in circumstances where there's a FULL Nissan service history. Cases seem to have dropped off recently.

The cost you've been quoted is higher than other people have reported. I don't believe anyone's actually had an engine "rebuilt", rather it's been replaced.

There are companies on eBay offering reconditioned or low mileage ones - and a fitting service and short guarantee. Might be worth discussing it with one or two.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Tenor
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Tenor »

Does the 1.6 DIG-T engine have the same issues? I have been considering buying a s/h Qashqai but am beginning to think that it will have to be either an earlier 1.6 non-turbo, or much later 1.3 turbo engine.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

No - the 1.6 is a different engine
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)