Roof Rail marks puzzling

Bodywork & Interior problems
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

WATCH OUT: My roof rails replaced recently under warranty, because of the end cap faults on 3 of them.Sadly, I already see marks forming " under the skin" as it were, on one of the new end caps. Seems no change was made to Nissan's spec. and the problems coming back.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Still a little baffled by this problem, I check mine every week when I wash the car a not a sign of any problems. I did have some what looked like pin marks when this story first started but I buffed them away with Maguires scratch remover, polished and wax coated, and they have not returned since.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Gel

Post by Gel »

I'm starting to see similar lines as in my original post on P1, but at this stage far less severe; will monitor closely to see if they spread/ worsen.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

My roof rails are being changed by warranty next week. Anyone else has this problem of the end caps showing signs of marking or cracking on the finish drive to Nissan get them to take pics and they should replace.
Simmo
RDJ718

Post by RDJ718 »

My end caps are going to be changed, but they can now order four new caps without changing the rails, back order of caps up to 26th October.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

It looks at long last that Nissan have a problem with these Endcaps and are now "Cost Conscious" and trying to save money as this was the original idea when this problem blew up - only change Caps. It is good that now corrections are being carried out for everybody concerned - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
RDJ718

Post by RDJ718 »

Rang my dealer today as the date had passed, they stated thay they were still waiting to hear from Nissan regarding part numbers ???? Any advice? Should I contact Nissan direct, any ideas who I contact to hurry them up?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

RDJ718, it looks like you are being fobbed off. These parts are Std Nissan Parts and Nos are in the System and if available are normally available next day. Your Dealer should have a Parts Computer or a Telephone to call Nissan I would suggest you keep on his back until you get some satisfaction or contact NCS for a Case No. to Cover the Guarantee work - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
urn

Post by urn »

image.jpeg

Hello - was wondering if this is still an ongoing issue for anybody and whether those who had theirs fixed experienced anything similar reappear? The rare appearance of some sunshine yesterday helped illustrate the issue on my six month old QashQai - all four corners are affected. So, I hit the Internet and found I was not alone!
Gel

Post by Gel »

I was one of first posters here on this; dealer claimed I was first vehicle he'd seen with it, but was restricted to my end caps.
At the time however, Nissan insisted on replacing both roof rails (very expensive for their supplier no doubt) , and wouldn't just do the snap on plastic end caps; gather they just do the end caps now. I'll keep a close eye on mine though.