snow, ice and sub zero temps

ICE, Equipment, Options
Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

Fogged windows for me i thought was a thing of the past. My last 2-3 cars, include a Passat and Nissan Navara were fine. Sure they fog up once in a while, particularly if you are soaked when you get In the car. What was different and has me a little concerned is the amount of fogging over all the hard surfaces inside the car. The wifes car was parked up next to it but appart from iced windows, no condensation to be seen on any surface inside the car.
It has been fairly dry for the time of year so i'm not bringing too much moisture in. I also have the AC on permanently. I think this is why i am surprised to have seen this. Footwell carpets are dry but i admit i have not checked the boot. The door seals do look a bit "flappy" and some of the push fittings keep popping out but i've not noticed water ingress.
I'll be keeping an eye on it. Once ot twice to this extent would be unusual. There were no drips, just fog but everywhere. The glass over the instrument panel has a speckle pattern left behind from tge condensation If it becomes a regular thing it may start feeling damp and smelly. And then there are the electronics.

This picture shows the condensation on the door card. The rest had cleared by the time i thought to take photos.

Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

Looking at my own photo, i think i may have identified the source. Maybe?
No pools of water though but will be interesting to see what happens with melting ice and snow and plenty of rain.
Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

On a positive note, appart from the right hand blind spot detection creating a disco effect in the corner of my eye most of the time, the rest of the detecting systems seem to be OK so far (touching wood).
No error messages or lights. I have only ever sponge washed my car. Not out of love but concern that an excelent value £3 blow over at the local hand/jet carwash would damage sensors as has been suggested on here.
If your going to load a car with tech, it's got to work. Seems like most of it on the new QQ gets switched off by annoyed drivers.Eddzilla2014-12-29 00:18:37
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

My QQ had the same problems, sitting in our cul-de-sac with 3 other cars (all parked facing in the same direction) mine was the only one with fogging on every window, the others were clear. Again Air-Con was permanently on, usually only set at 17c as anything above that was too hot.My new Kuga has no fogging problems.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Atif

Post by Atif »

Regarding the interior temp, it's interesting that you have to use quite low temp in QQ (I use 19C), otherwise it is too hot. In other cars, I normally use 21C or so. Seems that QQ is much "hotter".
Qashqai 1.6 CVT 2014
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Indeed, previous Honda CRV was set at 21c and the Kuga is currently at 20c.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I am quite a "cold" person. I can happily go outside in a tshirt at 0c and not be bothered by it. However 16c auto in the QQ is far to hot for me in the morning. In the afternoon after slowly adapting to the 25c that the girls have the office set to, I find that 21c auto is about right for the trip home!
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Right any body with PARKING SENSOR FALSE ALARMS. I have personally covers this on another thread, but one again. If you have the two front sensors showing red then there is water behind the to sensors. The dealer will remove your bumper, then the sensors, clean the water out from behind and use water displacement gel around the sensor and put it back in its hole in the bumper. This fault is fixable and this will work. Now there is an update for the sensors that was released in July, but it will mak little if no effect. Nissan are aware of the faults and as of lat week all dealer have been told not to do the update or sensor clean out as they are supposedly coming up with a permanent fix to the problem and it will be released some time in January. This info comes from 2 x nissan dealers. Hope this helps
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Today was -5A°C and 4" of snow. I thought today was the day to test the Webasto Heating - Wrong ! it did not work correctly so of we go to Nissan. After 4 hours modifications were made after contacting Webasto so the next fall will be the test.
Note : Drivers Door Frame Area is swept clean to keep the Seats Dry (No Roof Channel like the Old Days).

Asked the Technician about the Frozen Petrol Flap and in really technical terms was told to get someone to waggle the internal release and another the push either side of the Flap until it opens.
Our QQ is parked in the Open all of the time and was covered in snow and still had no signs of condensation. Also no problems with the Sensors going crazy again just wiped them over. Stop Start was also working OK again. With regard to the Heating this is indeed very hot and very quickly warms the inside, but we do use the AC a lot - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

No condensation in mine after leaving the car 3 days and I think the Gummy Phledge around the door seals has stopped them sticking. I added some white grease to the hinge on the petrol flap some month's ago, I tried opening it this morning with no problems
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors