Who hates their Qashqai? Feel free to elaborate

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I’m on my third new Qashqai.
Two J11s, the second of which was probably the best car I have ever owned.
Certainly better than the J12 I have had for the last two years, although the car has been 100% reliable (so far).
This one will almost certainly be the last.
I want a hybrid next and it will not be an e-power.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)

Brommas
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Brommas »

I came to a qashqai from a note, I'm running a j10 2007 1.5dci with nearly 160k on it. It is very well looked after by me however, it's not so much as had an engine light in nearly 3 years, when I had it, it had 1pending code (in the background) for glow plugs, did that before it became an issue through the winter and it's been a rock solid car, it literally never stops and it's our workhorse. Very good mpg, no dpf to be bothered by, oil and filters every 6k(good oil, good filters) and I do regular checks on all suspension components. All in all it's been probably the best cheap runabout we have had currently over about 4000 miles we are getting 48.8 mpg which for this time of year isn't bad at all, best I ever had was 73 down to Cambridge and there and back was 71, driving sensibly. I honestly can't fault it, my daughter has just bought a 2012 facelift without stop start or any of that stuff, more toys than ours but it's just more to go wrong and for me to fix lol. That has a few jobs that I need to do as its had no love for at least 12mths, bought as a cat n with roof damage, I've just done glowplugs on it and I have to do a squib and driveshaft then it's up to speed really. Hopefully that will be as good as ours has been.
2007 Nissan quashqai Acenta 1.5dci 158k.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@MikeGC who wrote "... Certainly better than the J12 I have had for the last two years, although the car has been 100% reliable ..."
That seems rather ... contradictory Mike ?
BTW my J12 QQ has been, just like yours and my 3 Mazda 626 / 6 cars, very reliable too ... so why do you not seem to like your QQ J12 then !???
To me reliability is almost everything .... which is why I bought Toyotas and Mazdas in the past.
But OTOH, the QQ J12 e-power ... dunno about that one.
But maybe the full EV QQ will be next.
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

My J12 is O.K. so maybe it just doesn’t live up to expectations.
I enjoyed my J11a, loved my J11b and it was clearly an improvement and the engine/gearbox (1.3 160bhp & DCT) were simply fantastic.
Therefore, I expected to see a step up again between the J11b and the J12 (1.3 160bhp & CVT) but in my humble opinion the J11b is/was the better car.
If I’d gone J11a to J12 I think I’d have been happier.

Undoubtedly a good car but……..
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Maybe DCT vs CVT made a difference. Never again a car with a CVT after a Volvo with one that malfunctioned on the highway and it nearly killed us.
But the e-power does not have such a CVT transmission and neither will the future QQ BEV.
I don't understand why nissan did not keep the DCT!?
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I had a J11 for three years (N-Connecta 1.6dCi auto). Apart from throwing a sensor early on, which was easily replaced, it never gave me any trouble at all. It had minor niggles like the front indicator being hard to see because of its position in relation to the running lights (fixed with a gadget from a forum member), having a horn from Toytown, and requiring SD cards for navigation updates instead of free downloads. Apart from that it was comfy (I'm 6' 3" and in no danger of winning any Mr Thin contests), decently frugal and seemed refined for a diesel. Since then I have been lured away, first by a Peugeot 3008 and now awaiting a Kia Sportage... sorry. But the QQ was one of the best cars I had... not everyone is as lucky I guess.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
icesteelman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by icesteelman »

Some have obviously had bad luck with theirs but I have been happy with the two N-Connecta's that I have had.

The first J11 ran trouble free for 4 years with the exception of a knackered battery in year 2 which was a known issue with them due to stop/start. Not sure if the leasing company or Nissan paid for the new one but that was the only blip. I was very happy with the 4x4 1.6 dCi being good on fuel and with better performance than the rather sedate 1.5dCi that I test drove originally.

Bought my current J11b 1.3 petrol on retirement almost two years ago and again very happy with it. Getting around 40mpg in general use and 50+mpg on a long run. Only issue so far has been a door actuator cable but fixed under warranty. Intend running this for a few years yet and have no concerns about it being reliable so far - hopefully I have a good one :D
2020 Gunmetal Grey N-Connecta Dig-T 1.3 140 manual, Glass Roof
2017 Ink Blue N-Connecta 1.6 dCi Manual 4WD with Comfort and Heat Packs
mark6565

Post by mark6565 »

Owner of QQ 1.3 N-Connecta 2019 . ( now outside warranty )

Car is attractive and practical. Its's responsive and offers good fuel economy when in 6th gear on the motorway. Bit too many gadgets for me but perhaps I'm getting old.

Anyway, due to the plastic thermostat housing issue highlighted on this forum, I started to get anxious and worried so decided to approach the local dealership.

The friendly mechanic who I chatted to explained that they had dealt with a number of failures, suggesting I should change mine (approximate cost of £546). I also established that the component in question has been modified a number of times, involving extra strengthening around a seam.

With all of this information, I then decided to call Nissan customer service. Not to rant or fall out but simply to seek some form of assistance, perhaps a compromise based on goodwill.

Have to say that the member of staff I spoke with was very dismissive, unhelpful and virtually hung-up after they had had their say. Felt as though I was spoken to like a child and they stated that "there is no problem with the thermostat on my vehicle, so nothing can be done."

Think that experience alone will prevent me from buying Nissan again and I'm still thinking of what I should do next.

Perhaps its time to move on and select something different, strongly drawn to Kia now. They offer a 7 year warranty a standard and must have more approachable and sympathetic customer service team.

Just my experience folks, sure there are thousands of very happy customers out there.
Jamie307

Post by Jamie307 »

mark6565 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:36 pm Perhaps its time to move on and select something different, strongly drawn to Kia now. They offer a 7 year warranty a standard and must have more approachable and sympathetic customer service team.
I wouldn't count on it. They are notorious for wriggling out of warranty claims, it's probably the least-valuable warranty of any major manufacturer.
Last edited by Jamie307 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tekna Xtronic ordered April 2023 collected September 2023
mark6565

Post by mark6565 »

Hi Jamie307,

Thanks for your response - I suppose I shouldn't really comment on Kia's after-sales service, as I've never owned one of their vehicles or spoken to them about a suspect component.

As you are aware, however, I am Nissan QQ owner and now have first-hand experience of dealing with customer service.

I stand by my comments made earlier and am bitterly disappointed with the way things have been handled.

Looking through other articles on this forum, I don't believe my experience is in any way unique or isolated.