Couldnt start engine

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Hope the new batt arrived on time and all fitted ok now 🙂

Driver86

Post by Driver86 »

Delivery of battery messed up. I had to get it elsewhere and it appears to be running fine now so fingers crossed engine doesn't play up.

Since installing the new battery, my tyre pressure sensor is telling me I'm under inflated, which I'm not, re-aired and checking with portable gauge seems OK. I'm wondering if I have a nail in there somewhere...
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

33psi front 30psi rear have you stored and reset them on the dash menu. You'll soon know if you got slow leak as it will go down a good few psi if you check it the following morn.
alexm3o1
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by alexm3o1 »

It's tricky to pinpoint for sure what caused your QQ's no-start issue, but a few possibilities come to mind:

Intermittent battery connection: Even though the battery voltage checked out later, an iffy cable contact could cause issues. The boost giving it enough juice to start hints at this.
Alternator not charging: With a 2 hour drive, the battery may have been drained by accessories/lights despite the alternator not recharging it fully. Would explain it needing a jump.
Parasitic draw: Something staying active and slowly draining the battery after shutting off. Dashcam? Dome lights? Though 10 mins seems quick.
I'd probably start by carefully inspecting battery terminals and connections for any corrosion or looseness that could cause charging problems from the alternator. And double check the dashcam and other electronics fully power down.A printable receipt is a document that acknowledges the exchange of goods, services, or payment between two parties. It is designed to be printed, either by the issuer or the recipient, for record-keeping purposes.An Acknowledgement Receipt is a formal written document or communication tool used to confirm the receipt of goods, services, or a specific message. It serves as evidence that a particular transaction has taken place, and the related goods or services have been received as expected.

If the connections check out, then likely a deeper electrical issue like the alternator itself not putting out enough amps to maintain the battery. But see if a clean/tighten of terminals helps before assuming that!

Hope you get it sorted out! Let us know if the starting issue pops up again.