Multiple dash lights s/s failure - battery/alternator already replaced

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ska_abbas
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by ska_abbas »

Hi there,

I have been having issue with my Nissan Qashqai 1.6dci 2015 diesel. Around 3 weeks back, while driving had battery light and Red EML appear, and soon after got s/s failure, forward emergency braking light and traction light. I stopped the car and called breakdown and they diagnosed the Alternator was not charging. Had to drive back home 35 miles on battery, luckily made it.

Took the car to garage, they also diagnosed the problem with Alternator and replaced it, howvever, all the dash light were still there. I checked the battery for few days and its voltage was on low side, so I replaced it with EFB096 battery, however, the dash lights still there.

Took it to Nissan Dealership today, and they couldn't specify the fault. They said it could be the IPDM/ECU, and gave me a quotation of £1,900 to replcae these.

Current fault codes:
P0380 - Glow plugs (historic)
U0111 - Communication error
C1130 - Engine signal (I think this is intake air temperature sensor, because this is historic)
C1A26 - ABS (this may be Forward Emergency Braking or Traction)

I think the main issue is U0111 - Communication error. I have seen many posts here where people had same issues, but seem to resolve this by replacing battery, but it has not worked in my case.

Help please, especially anyone with similar experience. Really frustrating!

Thanks

ska_abbas
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by ska_abbas »

Quick update for those who might find this useful.

The alternator has been replaced with Nissan Alternator, and all dashboard lights have disappeared. The previous alternator was charging the battery, but for some reason not communicating with the ECM, hence the car was throwing all the faults mentioned in the topic. Everything is back to normal now and hope it stays that way.