Qashqai 2019 1.3 engine problem after thermostat replacement

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
bryfly48
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by bryfly48 »

Reading and trying to take in 20 pages of posts discussing the concern is quite a task , do we not have a Nissan contact on the forum who is able to clarify the facts relating to this concern, would be interesting to know if :-

1) Nissan has changed the design of this part since launch?

2) If so, how many times have they changed it?

3) If changed, Has the latest change fixed the potential failure?

4) If changed, is the modified part identifiable in situ on the engine?

5) if changed, which model year / engine number was the fix implemented on?

Found this on Amazon cheaper than elsewhere, interestingly listed For Renault For Nissan For Mercedes https://www.amazon.c o.u k/Thermostat-Housing-Mercedes-110600260R-2822033000/dp/B0C7C8PYHH

rockersandrew
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by rockersandrew »

Yep. No previous leakage. The housing just "pops" off.

The worst thing is that the car gives absolutely NO indication of a problem. The temperature warning - doesn't work because there is NO water in the cooling system to record a temperature - so shows as fine.

Meanwhile -if if you're still driving - you're wrecking the rapidly overheating engine.

We were lucky - VERY lucky. The car backfired and stalled and Mrs RockersAndrew drove the car home without wrecking the engine. When the AA man came out - he didn't even have to open the bonnet. He had seen the same fault multiple times and knew immediately.

We had it fixed, and then didn't drive it again until we could PX with a VW Tiguan which is fantastic so far. We're finished with Nissan.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@Rockersandrew. Then in the end you got ... lucky !
If I read about only ONE 2021+ model with this problem I will sell the car.
I won't wait for it to happen.
It is that simpel.
Nissan *should* issue a CALLBACK for this because this fault is, IMHO, even worse than the well known 1.2T and CVT fiasco !?
The automotive press should be informed and this knowledge should be out and it would then force Nissan to act ASAP.

:evil:
DutchQQ

Post by DutchQQ »

I still find it very special that this specific problem is not discussed on French, German, Belgian / Dutch websites / forums or FB groups.
The problem is only discussed in detail on this English QQ forum. While the QQ 1.3 has also been widely sold in the countries mentioned and people there also have Internet and FB.
Why don't you read anything about it there (since 2019!!)?
JLG123

Post by JLG123 »

Dutch QQ….. whilst I’m very pleased for you that this situation hasn’t affected you , it has caused immense stress, worry & financial hardship to many of us who have suffered with this fault. Might I therefore politely suggest that you leave this thread of conversation as I don’t see the point of you contributing towards the discussion.
By the way… you don’t happen to work for Nissan do you?🤣
DutchQQ

Post by DutchQQ »

I understand your pain and frustration, I would be the same way. What I'm trying to say is: could it be that the English 1.3 engines are different from the European ones?
Or was it a certain batch of engines that causes these problems.. Is,there a way you can check this, etc.?
And no, I certainly don't work for Nissan
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

DutchQQ If you refer to the Dutch forum only it is obvious why there are little or no issues mentioned ... few visitors.
I am convinced this problem is not limited to the UK.
bryfly48

Post by bryfly48 »

QaiFan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:03 am DutchQQ If you refer to the Dutch forum only it is obvious why there are little or no issues mentioned ... few visitors.
I am convinced this problem is not limited to the UK.
Found mention on FB from a french owner. ....https://www.facebook.com/share/p/YVfnQDAkLqQhH9oM/
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thank you bryfly 48 !

Unfortunately some bad news over there.

Summary of the many FB posts I read at :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/4295033 ... hermostate

As far as I can tell, until now, the J11 2019 and 2020 QQs are affected.
Someone claimed (???) that October 2020 a new part : N110600260R was fitted.

I did not yet stumble on 2021+ / J12 related issues, but may still be too early to know !?

But everyone claims the problem happens all of a sudden, without *any* warning and the engine is totally wrecked.

Nissan did no recall whatsoever for this issue (as of yet).
Always steep costs are required (many thousands of pounds) when it happens.

Disclaimer : this is only what I read, I have no idea what of it is accurate, but there does seem to be a big problem with at least 2019/2020 QQ, no question about that.
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Thanks for that research QaiFan, hopefully that October 2020 reference is true as it will mean the newest part has been in use for more than 3 years with no issues found with it (to date!).
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)