Does a spacesaver wheel fit a J12 E-power Tekna

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Crumpledone
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Crumpledone »

I have ordered my fifth Qashqai Tekna and have chosen the new(ish) E-power vesion.

I had problems trying to fit my spacesaver wheel in my current 68 plate QQ (with Bose) but made it fit.

Has anyone tried to fit a spacesaver in the E-power Yet? And how did you get on?

I would be pleased to learn of your experinces.

Thank you,

C
:D
23 plate Burgundy E-Power Tekna
68 plate Maroon 1.6dci QQ Tekna
65 plate Black 1.6dci QQ Tekna
62 plate Black 2.0L QQ Tekna
56 plate Vivid blue 2.0L QQ Tekna

Igot thE-power
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Igot thE-power »

Hi Crumpledone, I just rang Evans Halshaw Nissan Sunderland now (04/02/2023 at 12:02 but a Sales guy answered. He is saying it isn't possible to fit a tyre in the Epower, because there is not as much depth to do so compared to the Mild Hybrid. My dad currently owns a 2022 Tekna without bose but have a spare tyre when he placed and customized the order online. He is now planning to buy the Epower. Interesting thing is, the local dealer Bassetts Nissan Swansea, is saying the opposite that it is possible to fit a spare tyre, but the design of the boot would have to be different when placing the order, basically telling NIssan Sunderland Manfacturing plant to put a spare tyre when doing a customized online order. However, the nissan site currently does not give you an option to choose a tyre when coming to accessories page. I do remember though around october 2022 last year, whether it was temporary oversite from Nissan, you could actually select a spare tyre when customizing the Epower on their website, like you would for the mild hybrid. I think only way to know for sure, is to take your tekna and when doing a test drive to try and put the tyre into the car. Maybe if you measure the width and depth of your existing tyre and then take the tyre inflator kit with the thermacoal bit out from the Epower boot and then measure, you might get a rough idea then. The other thing is, if the depth is only the issue that is not a big ideal, just have some slight uneveness on the bottom boot lid, but won't really impact how you use the parcel shelf mechanism, what would be the deal breaker is the width, if the width doesn't work out be very difficult unless Nissan customzies the boot differently when placing an order online. On a plus point, not related, I confirmed with the sunderland branch, that you can fit mudguards and the integrated dashcam for new in stock vehicles.
Crumpledone

Post by Crumpledone »

Thanks for the reply and your views.
Initially the salesman said the spare would fit but when we looked at it it seemed unlikey. I have ordered my new car so I will just wait and see if it's possible when I take possession.
I'm and old git and have never had a car without a spare and I don't really want to, but we will see.
Once again thanks for the information.
Regards,
Crump
feetoggss

Post by feetoggss »

Hello my friend,
i've just bought a 19ins space saver kit for my brand new E Power, just take out the poly case in the lower boot and the space saver fits perfectly.
you will have to put the Sub Woofer on top of the lower cover, the lead is well long enough, no need to disconnect anything.
Crumpledone

Post by Crumpledone »

Hi feetoggss ,
Thanks for the information. I thought the battery was in the centre of the boot?
I had to do that with my current 2018 Tekna as it comes with a Bose sub-woofer.
I already have the spacesaver so I will look forward to trying that.
Regards,
Crump
Jamie307

Post by Jamie307 »

feetoggss wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:56 pm Hello my friend,
i've just bought a 19ins space saver kit for my brand new E Power, just take out the poly case in the lower boot and the space saver fits perfectly.
you will have to put the Sub Woofer on top of the lower cover, the lead is well long enough, no need to disconnect anything.
Where did you buy this 19" kit? I've been told by multiple dealers than Nissan no longer offer J12 spare wheels in the UK.
Tekna Xtronic ordered April 2023 collected September 2023
feetoggss

Post by feetoggss »

Hi I bought my 19in wheel kit which includes the jack & wheel brace from... thewheelshop.co.uk they are based in Trafford Park Manchester £179.99p delivered. Just follow my instructions in my earlier post to fit it 👍
Crumpledone

Post by Crumpledone »

Have a look on Fleabay. They have a few option like below-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155012105781 ... R4Dq5azvYQ

Also here on Amazon -

You can always buy the 19" spacesaver and the jack etc separately which might be cheaper.

I am still waiting for my new QQ and hope my current space saver wheel fits.

Good luck,

C
chong168

Post by chong168 »

I've seen comments where ppl are saying the brakes on the E-Power are slightly bigger and so a space saver wheel might rub against it? Anyone actually tested it yet?