HELP PLEASE

ICE, Equipment, Options
Burroo67
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Burroo67 »

Hi Guys,

I picked up my 2015 Qashqai 1.6 DCI TEKNA automatic this morning. It seems a nice drive so far but I have come across some issues that I cannot find answers for: -

1. The DAB only lists BBC channels. My wife's JUKE, parked three feet in front of mine, lists loads? Can I scan for channels manually?
2. The FM radion only has 2 channels saved and I cannot find any other channels, again, can I scan for channels manually?
3. The door button on the driver's side does not open/lock the doors, but then passenger door button works fine. I have gone into the settings and all seems OK, but the button seems stuck?
4. Does the stop/start only work when the car is in neutral? Never had a car with this function before...

Many thanks in advance and apologies for asking so many questions in the one post....

Burroo

Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

I am going to guess that the aerial amp may have given up the ghost which may answer 1 and 2, the stop start on auto will work when the car is in drive and I found out today after 2+ years of ownership it also works when shifted to park, not tried neutral yet. The stop start though is rather temperamental and on my car does not always work. The car must be at full temperature, battery must be fully charged and a whole host of other compliances, worth reading you owners manual when you have time.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Do you have the separate Nissan Connect Manual? If not I've attached a 201402 version which should cover your car.

1+2. What happens when you manually tune (left and right buttons)

5-10.JPG

3. Button sounds faulty.

4. Stop/start night not work in winter. Mine (a manual car) hardly ever worked in warmer seasons either. The manual says:

• When you stop the vehicle with the brake pedal depressed (XTRONIC transmission) or with the shift lever in N (Neutral) and clutch pedal released (MT), the engine is turned off automatically.
• When you release the brake pedal (XTRONIC transmission) or push the clutch pedal (MT), the engine is automatically turned on.

Note no mention of lever position - however:

NOTE
The engine will not restart even if the brake pedal is released (XTRONIC transmission ) or clutch pedal is pressed (MT) while the Stop/Start System is activated under the following condition:
• When the shift lever is in the P (Park) position (XTRONIC transmission models).
• When the engine bonnet is opened.
• When the driver seat belt is unfastened and the driver’s door is opened (MT models).
• When the gear shift lever is not in the Neutral position. (MT models)

NOTE
The engine will restart without releasing the brake pedal (XTRONIC transmission models) or without depressing the clutch pedal (MT models) while the Stop/Start System is activated under the following conditions:
• When the Stop/Start System OFF switch is pushed.
• When the fan speed control dial is in any position other than “OFF” (0) while the air flow control dial is in the front defogger position (manual air conditioner).
• When the front defogger switch is set to “ON” (automatic air conditioner).
• When the accelerator pedal is depressed. (XTRONIC transmission models)
• When the steering wheel is operated. (XTRONIC transmission models)
• When the battery capacity is low.
• When the power consumption is large.
• When the brake pedal is released on sloping roads and the vehicle is moved.
• When the force to the brake pedal is reduced while the shift lever is in the D (Drive) or N (Neutral) position. (XTRONIC transmission models)
• When the shift lever is placed in the L (Low), D (Drive) or R (Reverse) position from the N or P position. (XTRONIC transmission models)
• When the vacuum of the brake servo is insufficient as a result of depressing the brake pedal several times.
• When the driver’s seat belt is released or the driver’s door is open. (XTRONIC transmission models)
NISSAN CONNECT OWNERS MANUAL.pdf
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 30 times
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Burroo67

Post by Burroo67 »

Qashowner wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:23 pm I am going to guess that the aerial amp may have given up the ghost which may answer 1 and 2, the stop start on auto will work when the car is in drive and I found out today after 2+ years of ownership it also works when shifted to park, not tried neutral yet. The stop start though is rather temperamental and on my car does not always work. The car must be at full temperature, battery must be fully charged and a whole host of other compliances, worth reading you owners manual when you have time.
Many thanks for the response.
gloucester wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:52 pm Do you have the separate Nissan Connect Manual? If not I've attached a 201402 version which should cover your car.

1+2. What happens when you manually tune (left and right buttons)
5-10.JPG
3. Button sounds faulty.

4. Stop/start night not work in winter. Mine (a manual car) hardly ever worked in warmer seasons either. The manual says:

• When you stop the vehicle with the brake pedal depressed (XTRONIC transmission) or with the shift lever in N (Neutral) and clutch pedal released (MT), the engine is turned off automatically.
• When you release the brake pedal (XTRONIC transmission) or push the clutch pedal (MT), the engine is automatically turned on.

Note no mention of lever position - however:

NOTE
The engine will not restart even if the brake pedal is released (XTRONIC transmission ) or clutch pedal is pressed (MT) while the Stop/Start System is activated under the following condition:
• When the shift lever is in the P (Park) position (XTRONIC transmission models).
• When the engine bonnet is opened.
• When the driver seat belt is unfastened and the driver’s door is opened (MT models).
• When the gear shift lever is not in the Neutral position. (MT models)

NOTE
The engine will restart without releasing the brake pedal (XTRONIC transmission models) or without depressing the clutch pedal (MT models) while the Stop/Start System is activated under the following conditions:
• When the Stop/Start System OFF switch is pushed.
• When the fan speed control dial is in any position other than “OFF” (0) while the air flow control dial is in the front defogger position (manual air conditioner).
• When the front defogger switch is set to “ON” (automatic air conditioner).
• When the accelerator pedal is depressed. (XTRONIC transmission models)
• When the steering wheel is operated. (XTRONIC transmission models)
• When the battery capacity is low.
• When the power consumption is large.
• When the brake pedal is released on sloping roads and the vehicle is moved.
• When the force to the brake pedal is reduced while the shift lever is in the D (Drive) or N (Neutral) position. (XTRONIC transmission models)
• When the shift lever is placed in the L (Low), D (Drive) or R (Reverse) position from the N or P position. (XTRONIC transmission models)
• When the vacuum of the brake servo is insufficient as a result of depressing the brake pedal several times.
• When the driver’s seat belt is released or the driver’s door is open. (XTRONIC transmission models)
Car has probably only done 5-10 miles in the last few weeks/months as I only bought it this morning from a dealer. I'll take out out tonight and give it a good run,

Thanks for the quick reply...

1 & 2 -For some weird reason more channels appeared on both FM and DAB when I went a quick message there??!!
3 - I agree, the button looks like it is faulty, warranty should cover that
4 - Oh well, I've never had it in a car before so I ain't missing anything.