J12 Reversing Lights

Bodywork & Interior problems
NickB73
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by NickB73 »

I’m wanting to change the reversing bulbs to LEDs (which I’ve already got), but I can’t see how you get to the bulbs, manual states that if bulb needs replacement it’s a dealer Job. Seems a bit excessive as really should be a home maintenance job, I’m guessing the boot panel needs to come off, but can’t easily see how it’s held in place.

Do any of the good folk here know how to get to the cluster?

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

Same as a J11 , I suspect
So its held in place with one screw in the recess handle and then the whole panel is then secured with expanding clips.
When running your fingers under the trim - wear gloves.

There is also a knack to refitting so it may become one of those jobs you wished you have never started if you cant line everything up.

Expect to take around 45 mins to complete and expect rattles too if things dont go right
NickB73

Post by NickB73 »

Thank you, I’ll have a look at the weekend.
Deleted User 10757

This may help

Picture1.jpg

Deleted User 10757

Page 2

Picture2.jpg

NickB73

Post by NickB73 »

That’s interesting, but seeing that I think mine might be different… there is what looks to be a smaller panel in the centre of the main panel, although having tried it, it doesn’t seem to come apart with any use of force that I’m confident trying, although my trim removal tool does slide between and there seems to be quite a bit of give..