Dualis/Qashqai mirror wiring

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Paddy
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Paddy »

I have a 2007 Dualis(same as Quashqai?) J10 and the door mirrors will no longer open/close - just a slight buzz from the mirror unit. Both LH and RH remain clsed.
Is there a wiring diagram of the mirror system available? My J10 has had an auto retract system fitted which looks original.
Any help would be appreciated.
Paddy

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

If you can find a reliable trustworthy local garage get them to take a look at the mechanism.
Most retractable door mirrors have nylon cogs which can become damaged.
It might be a physical problem rather than an electrical fault.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

I'd replied but not sure if I got it posted!
Thanks Mike - I'd though it may be the mirror assy itself but both mirrors not working mad eme think electrical. Maybe if one doesn't move, the other may also not work?
Not sure if the gearbox is accessible - perhaps if the mirror itself is removed, the gearbox may be accessible. I'll have a look.......

Paddy
QashqaiSilver

Post by QashqaiSilver »

The wiring for it is in the Haynes, I think I also have it on the Nissan wiring diagrams.
The problem does not seem like it has anything to do with any wiring. The mirrors themself seem damaged or worn. The fact that you are hearing a buzzing sound seems like the do not want to move. Is there a possibility someone tried to fold them manually. It may be worth trying to push them out or in gently while pressing the button to see if it would relearn itself back into position.
J10, 2008, 1.6 petrol, Acenta