1.2 DIG-T - Oil loss

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

all very worrying .

i wonder if there are ANY good petrol turbo engines about , from ANY manufacturer .

does anyone know ?

thanks.

:?:
Last edited by jackdaww on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.

Iandee

Post by Iandee »

After air con refit under warranty, Dealer mentioned a minor oil problem noticed , which he described as an oil mist on the engine block. NSC said it wasn't a warranty problem so he said he wanted to monitor it before warranty but to check the levels occasionally. This was last year. Phone call yesterday to fix up Annual Service for 28 Feb. I queried the above and mentioned that the oil level was now just above the bottom notch in the dipstick. I thought I should perhaps put a bit of oil in and wondered how this would 'affect' the monitoring. He said not to worry and they would look at it on the service. This leads to a few queries Im hoping you guys can help me - a simple soul- with.
Whats the gap between the bottom nick to the top - in terms of litres - roughly.
Should I be concerned at his comments not to bother with a top up
Unipart are currently offering 80% off at the moment eg 1L =£2.05 !
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

landee, if you take a look at the beginning of this post "Splank" mentioned between the two marks a figure of around 1 Litre. In the Manual data there does not appear to be any specific amount stated as it seems to cover different engine models - Dave :)

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3225.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

Thanks Dave
I note that earlier in the thread a note was made about the actual dip stick seems to be different than the above manual, mine too seems to be the C type. But I suppose the point is regular checking. My Dealer says there is a 'oil mist' on the engine block but not a leak!! Funny that this only happened after the air condenser was changed.
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

My dealer is about to put in a request for a new short block for me (after strongly suggesting I would not be happy with just piston rings).

Booked in for WC 30th assuming they can get the parts in

Hopefully it wont induce more issues! :lol:
Deleted User 759

My car went in today and should be a week before I get it back...
Karlyndon65

Post by Karlyndon65 »

The whistling is the turbo spooling up , when you let throttle of you also hear the whoosh of dump valve/waste gate , nothing to worry about unlike the rattling engines and high oil consumption
lajo

Post by lajo »

Hi guys, I have the same engine in a Dacia Duster and I have the same symptoms reported in this topic. Something I noticed is that the oil level started to go down after the first oil change. Some of you reported the same.
So, can you confirm that the problems started after the oil was first changed? Also, do you know what kind/make of oil was originally filled in in the factory? I could not get any information from my dealer...
Thanks!
Deleted User 759

Mine started before its first service but just put it down to running in, it was only after reading this thread and continued loss after the first service that I raised it.
Deleted User 759

Well my car is back..... all appears fine, other than the new engine smell... nothing odd to report other than it feeling a little tighter than before. I am not going to nanny this engine, not race it, but not pootle around during its run in phase.

One other thing, I hope everybody who has had a replacement short block or full engine that you have updated your engine number with the DVLA!! Could be problematic if you don't and it comes to selling it (although saying that, its quite difficult to locate and see the engine number so chances are most people probably wont bother!)

For the DVLA to certify that your engine number has changed, your dealer should provide you with evidence. In my case, they gave me the paperwork that came with the engine itself which shows the engine number