Expat in Spain saying hello

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Varche

Post by Varche »

First post to say hello.

I am starting the process of buying a Qashqai here in Spain. Not as easy as in the UK.

I like well equipped cars and will be having a Tekna. 2010 onwards to get facelifted model.

Petrol as i have a suspicion diesels will be taxed more heavily in years to come and be hounded out of cities.

I am a big fan of automatics. My current vehicle for work, is a manual 2.0 diesel Suzuki Vitara. Bit of a dobbin despite having air con , leather seats, electric windows etc. Itdoes the job though and i will keep it.

I would love a 2.0 litre petrol with auto box. However i dont like the sound of CVT . My first question is are the autos all CVT? If not how do you tell ? E.g. From the gear stick perhaps.

Sorry if i should ask a Q like this elsewhere. Maybe it would get more views elsewhere?

Anyway, hope someone can help.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Varche, welcome to the Forum see if these facts help you but these are J11 related the newer QQ. Try using the "Search" facility Top LH Corner for more possible facts. You will see from the Spec all boxes are CVT or 6 Speed Manual - Hope this helps a bit Dave ;)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qas ... 014-review

IMG_3216.JPG

IMG_3215.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Varche

Post by Varche »

Hi

Thanks for the welcome and fast reply.

I think the only thing will be to test drive an auto. Only three petrol auto two litre teknas for sale in Spain at moment. Nearest is 4 hours away in Madrid.

It is a big commitment as we tend to keep a car for years and in any case tax on car transfers means the Spanish do the same.

I,ll use the search facilty and have a dig.for CVT driving experiences.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Could you import from neighbouring country eg https://www.nissan.pt/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Varche

Post by Varche »

Yes but you have hoops to jump through. Certificate of conformity, a spanish inspection for a logbook and an mot. They do not like anything none standard here e.g. Bull bar not fitted at factory. Still have to pay transfer tax which can be around 7percent of government book value