Dual Action Polisher on Storm White Paint

Bodywork & Interior problems
Streetwise Hercules

Post by Streetwise Hercules »

I've got one and just wanted to check if the pearlescent paint suitable for machine polishing.

Any advice?

ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

I have ordered the storm white. I don't know, if it would mark paint or not, but personally would never use a machine polisher on any of my cars
1.6 dig-t pearlescent white 66
Streetwise Hercules

Very helpful.
ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

If you use it and it marks, opps to late, you have to be so careful with them keep changing the pads if it picks any dirt up you will end up with swirls
Streetwise Hercules

I've used the polisher several times, mate. I'm just curious as to whether anyone has any experience of polishing this specific paint.
ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

Beginning off last year I was in-between jobs, so for about 6 months I delivered new cars all around the country. Included all makes Nissan westway was a big customer off there's. We had to have them cleaned before delivery to customer, we could only use hand car washes and we were told never to put them through mechanical washes (drive through) or use the type you describe
Streetwise Hercules

I don't really know what to say to you.

I've removed swirls, scratches and all manor of imperfections on cars and motorbikes with mine. It's a great bit of kit and is a doddle to use as it's dual action.

The professional car detailing/paint correction industry is pretty much built around machine polishing.
ndh58

Post by ndh58 »

Streetwise Hercules wrote:I don't really know what to say to you.

I've removed swirls, scratches and all manor of imperfections on cars and motorbikes with mine. It's a great bit of kit and is a doddle to use as it's dual action.

The professional car detailing/paint correction industry is pretty much built around machine polishing.
Sounds like you should use it then, I was only quoting my employers who were in the business of selling New cars, who did not want them used on there vehicle's
OzzyQashqai

Post by OzzyQashqai »

I cant see why you couldn't if you're confident on the machine. Being a DA, it should be safer and depending on the grade of polish you should be ok.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you polishing? Paint correction?

I machine WAX mine quarterly, have spot machine POLISHED on occasion without harm. Mine is Gun Metallic in colour.
2016 Qashqai Ti 2.0 | Gun Metallic | A bit of this and that | Bumpin' sounds
Streetwise Hercules

The short answer is that it doesn't have anything like the shine of my car and bike which I polished last year. The paint also looks very orange peely which may or may not improve.

I think I'll contact a professional and seek their advice just to be sure.