Project: Reversing / Disabling Stop/Start feature

ICE, Equipment, Options

Re: Project: Reversing / Disabling Stop/Start feature

Postby LucaModric » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Verbally... in front of 2 eye-witnesses ;-) Their mechanic even suggested to disable s/s because he has done it 1 year ago in his personal QQ J11 and did not have any problems.
LucaModric

Postby Daewar » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Just because someone calls themselves a mechanic, it don't imply they know what they are doing!

LucaModric wrote:Verbally... in front of 2 eye-witnesses ;-) Their mechanic even suggested to disable s/s because he has done it 1 year ago in his personal QQ J11 and did not have any problems.
2016 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Daewar

Postby LucaModric » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Daewar wrote:Just because someone calls themselves a mechanic, it don't imply they know what they are doing!

LucaModric wrote:Verbally... in front of 2 eye-witnesses ;-) Their mechanic even suggested to disable s/s because he has done it 1 year ago in his personal QQ J11 and did not have any problems.

...or a guy who is a proffesional mechanic and works for the official Nissan dealer might know better than a forum member. Everything is relative, I know, but I would put my money on a proffesional. :-)
LucaModric

Postby Daewar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:41 pm

So, you're saying a professional suggest you disable the start stop system, take the car out of its design specification & increase your carbon footprint is a good idea, makes me wonder where he got his certificates? ebay me thinks.

BTW, i have an ONC, HNC & Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering, take that and shove it in your pipe & smoke it. Dont read a book by its cover.

Daewar

LucaModric wrote:
Daewar wrote:Just because someone calls themselves a mechanic, it don't imply they know what they are doing!

...or a guy who is a proffesional mechanic and works for the official Nissan dealer might know better than a forum member. Everything is relative, I know, but I would put my money on a proffesional. :-)
2016 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Daewar

Postby duncho » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:16 pm

So far 95 modules were sold all except one with very positive feedback. The unlucky driver thought that SS module ruined his car so he visited a dealer and they found out that he took out and forgot to put back some fuses from the fuse panel. They put missing fuses back in and all worked fine again as it should. The modules were sold globally, except USA and Africa, all are working flawlessly in various climates from hot Australia, humid Singapore to cold Iceland or Sweden :-)

If anyone is interested, please let me know, there are still few left on the stock ;)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear
duncho

Previous

Return to Electronic systems