Project: Reversing / Disabling Stop/Start feature

ICE, Equipment, Options

Re: Project: Reversing / Disabling Stop/Start feature

Postby LucaModric » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Verbally... in front of 2 eye-witnesses ;-) Their mechanic even suggested to disable s/s because he has done it 1 year ago in his personal QQ J11 and did not have any problems.
LucaModric
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:50 pm


Re: Project: Reversing / Disabling Stop/Start feature

Postby Daewar » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Just because someone calls themselves a mechanic, it don't imply they know what they are doing!

LucaModric wrote:Verbally... in front of 2 eye-witnesses ;-) Their mechanic even suggested to disable s/s because he has done it 1 year ago in his personal QQ J11 and did not have any problems.
2016 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Daewar
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 6:58 pm


Re: Project: Reversing / Disabling Stop/Start feature

Postby LucaModric » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Daewar wrote:Just because someone calls themselves a mechanic, it don't imply they know what they are doing!

LucaModric wrote:Verbally... in front of 2 eye-witnesses ;-) Their mechanic even suggested to disable s/s because he has done it 1 year ago in his personal QQ J11 and did not have any problems.


...or a guy who is a proffesional mechanic and works for the official Nissan dealer might know better than a forum member. Everything is relative, I know, but I would put my money on a proffesional. :-)
LucaModric
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:50 pm


Re: Project: Reversing / Disabling Stop/Start feature

Postby Daewar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:41 pm

So, you're saying a professional suggest you disable the start stop system, take the car out of its design specification & increase your carbon footprint is a good idea, makes me wonder where he got his certificates? ebay me thinks.

BTW, i have an ONC, HNC & Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering, take that and shove it in your pipe & smoke it. Dont read a book by its cover.

Daewar

LucaModric wrote:
Daewar wrote:Just because someone calls themselves a mechanic, it don't imply they know what they are doing!

LucaModric wrote:Verbally... in front of 2 eye-witnesses ;-) Their mechanic even suggested to disable s/s because he has done it 1 year ago in his personal QQ J11 and did not have any problems.


...or a guy who is a proffesional mechanic and works for the official Nissan dealer might know better than a forum member. Everything is relative, I know, but I would put my money on a proffesional. :-)
2016 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Daewar
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 6:58 pm


Previous

Return to Electronic systems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Thrall and 6 guests

Nissan QashQai Forums

Our Nissan QashQai Forums are free to join and open to all. Contact Us.

Copyright 2015. Not associated with Nissan.