New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2

Re: New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Postby hkphooey » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:49 pm

Monkeywba wrote:I've pm'ed you


Cheers bud happy new year to you
Hk
hkphooey
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:43 pm


Re: New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Postby hkphooey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:41 am

Like to put a bad review somewhere that will get noticed so Nissan would take note!!!
hkphooey
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:43 pm


Re: New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Postby catnash » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:02 pm

BRC64 is the page of the official J11 repair manual. It states how to reset the steering. They have to use Consult which I suspect is the Nissan Computer. I'll ask them for this and I'll see if any codes come up.
1.2 Acenta with Vision Pack born on 1.2.15.
Extras Mud Flaps, Camo Rhino Boot Liner, Detacheable Towhitch, Full detail.
catnash
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:02 pm


Re: New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Postby hkphooey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:23 pm

catnash wrote:BRC64 is the page of the official J11 repair manual. It states how to reset the steering. They have to use Consult which I suspect is the Nissan Computer. I'll ask them for this and I'll see if any codes come up.


Mine is a J10 mate, not as if that makes any difference. Im just wondering if i should cut my loses get my money back and try a independent garage that does the alignments??
hkphooey
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:43 pm


Re: New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Postby rod9669 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Replaced the original Continentals on the front (they've been on the rear as well) today with Michelin and guess what - the steering is straight again! No adjustment of tracking was made. Wierd
rod9669
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:53 pm


Re: New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Postby hkphooey » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:43 am

rod9669 wrote:Replaced the original Continentals on the front (they've been on the rear as well) today with Michelin and guess what - the steering is straight again! No adjustment of tracking was made. Wierd


What is going on????? surely it cannot be a tyre issue?? my car was never this bad before the tires were pretty new when i bought the car , so the car steering will only go in a straight line with a particular brand tyre?? thats just crazy Nissan.
There surely has to be some explanation from Nissan. My car is still bad its going in for few days to be looked at if they come up with changing tires before the new ones on it have worn out then i won't be happy its just ludicrous.

It could be a balancing thing though Rod as they would defiantly would have balanced the new tires, what type Michelin is it you have fitted???

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/ ... ashqai.htm

Im getting very confused now... Tires, steering racks, angle steering sensors :?
hkphooey
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:43 pm


Re: New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Postby Daewar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:17 pm

I think tyres are still hand made and each tyre is slightly different. Look at F1 racing & even with the best tyres money can buy there can be differances, so yes its possible a set of tyres could be the fault.

It would be a good idea to swap the set off another car & see if there is any change, prefably a set known to be good.

hkphooey wrote:
What is going on????? surely it cannot be a tyre issue?? my car was never this bad before the tires were pretty new when i bought the car , so the car steering will only go in a straight line with a particular brand tyre?? thats just crazy Nissan.
There surely has to be some explanation from Nissan. My car is still bad its going in for few days to be looked at if they come up with changing tires before the new ones on it have worn out then i won't be happy its just ludicrous.

It could be a balancing thing though Rod as they would defiantly would have balanced the new tires, what type Michelin is it you have fitted???

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/ ... ashqai.htm

Im getting very confused now... Tires, steering racks, angle steering sensors :?
2016 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Daewar
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 6:58 pm


Re: New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Postby hkphooey » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:33 pm

What about popping rears to front???

Thing is the Nissan garage have not even mentioned tires!! They went straight in with wheel alignment and charged me £60 :o so if it is a tyre issue i will be asking for my money back.
This would go towards a new set of tires.
hkphooey
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:43 pm


Re: New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Postby benchmark » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Daewar wrote:I think tyres are still hand made and each tyre is slightly different. Look at F1 racing & even with the best tyres money can buy there can be differances


It's fairly well automated these days https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9mVZxoayA

F1 tyres may well be more manually made given the low volume made compared to car tyres :?:
Car 2015 1.6 DCI QQ Tekna Pearl White AWD + Bike 2015 BMW R1200RT LE
benchmark
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:53 pm
Location: West Yorkshire


Re: New Tyre steering problem!!!!!

Postby hkphooey » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Well I never, just gone to my car to check exactly what brand I have and they have definitely swapped rears to front of car :o
Cheeky buggers never mentioned this plus I did quick check before leaving for any hand marks on wheels to see if they had but didn't notice any.
I have continentals or had them on rear I take it they are original and some salun atrezzo on which are pretty new. But them not mentioning the swap over just goes to show how they like to lie :evil:
hkphooey
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:43 pm


PreviousNext

Return to Main QashQai Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests

Nissan QashQai Forums

Our Nissan QashQai Forums are free to join and open to all. Contact Us.

Copyright 2015. Not associated with Nissan.